“Usually a Safe Bet”

Ranked #12 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Usually a Safe Bet”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We usually eat here when we want a special treat. I've eaten at the Burnside location and the Dresden Row locations as well, but this one is closest to home now. I find Cora's can be somewhat hit and miss, but such is any chain restaurant. I always get the fruit waffle, and I love the custard on it. I find they don't put as much custard on it here as they do the other locations, but you can always ask for more on the side if there's not enough. I find it's best to go when it's not during the busy times because you are more likely to get better food. Don't get me wrong, it's always "good" but sometimes it's amazing!

The last time we went, I thought I should mention we had really good service. I asked for no cantaloupe on my waffle (yuck) and the waiter had the thoughtfulness enough to ask to make sure it wasn't an allergy, which most places don't when you ask that something is left off. Also, we had a promo card for $10 that had expired and we asked if we could still use it (you never know, right?) no, we couldn't but the lady gave us $5 off which was more than we had hoped for!

Visited April 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Always good!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Varied and creative menu with lots of fresh fruit . The prices are very good and the service has always been extremely pleasant whenever we have been there.

Visited October 2013
Saint John, Canada
“This place needs a good cleaning!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had visited this restaurant in March with family and thought the atmosphere was pleasant. My second time there was not a good experience at all. The chairs and tables were 'sticky" to the touch, the interior of the restaurant had a musty smell, and under the table... well that's where I am glad I noticed how dirty it was on my way out, or I would not have stayed. There was grime, actual garbage that had been there for a while and obviously mopped over and left. This had to be the dirtiest restaurant I have ever been in! I ordered eggs medium and they came runny, the "toast" was just warmed up bread slathered with margarine( I sent it back), and the rest of the breakfast was barely warm. Don't know what everyone else was having but I know mine was a disaster- it will be quite a while before I go any Cora's again!

• Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Always great!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I love all the fresh fruit, and so many choices!! The service is always great. I tend to take out of town people here, and they always love it. Sunday mornings always seem to be crazy there!

Visited March 2013
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“I love all the fruit”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I love the elaborate fruit portions chopped in such beautiful patterns. The food is so tasty too. It still lands a bit on the pricey side and I've noticed their service has dropped considerably over the past months. Because of the service I don't go nearly as often anymore.

Visited December 2012