“Beautiful and tasty!”

Garden of Eat'n
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very calming and peaceful atmosphere for lunch on the side patio. Lots of vegan and gluten free options. My 5 year old enjoyed the breakfast for lunch! A very big menu with something for everyone.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 18 January 2014

When a friend says "I know this great vegetarian restaurant on Quinpool" I almost said "No thanks, I'm a devout carney."
But I'm glad I kept my rarely-closed trap closed. Garden of Eat'n was damn good. And a very nicely designed, attractive space - all soft, mellow, warm colours.

There were plenty of meat choices at Garden of Eat'n and they all looked very good.
But it was the veggie choices that caught my eye - different, thoughtful, attractive.

In the end I went for seafood chowder (a delightful thin cream base with big chunks of very identifiable protein), and the beef & lamb kabob with rice (spiced just right).

Comments: I asked for a green tea and was delighted to see a large tea-pot arrive (I even said so to the very attentive waiter). But it was only ⅓ full !! I know it's easy to ask for a hot-water top-up, but please fill my pot!
There was a big computer generated slideshow on the wall, but the light was so low to be obtrusive, blinding half our table. So we moved the table a foot (the restaurant wasn't busy) and we were fine. But a small, strategically placed piece of cardboard under the projector lens would have prevented blinding patrons.

There were halal, veggie and gluten free choices too. We discovered the owner was from Iran - very approachable. We'll be back.

1  Thank britt77
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This place has a cosy calming welcoming atmosphere. I enjoy just sitting and observing. And the food is great too.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I came by this place due to a FB post I read. I love my coffee and am a foodie. I can't say enough about there new Cafe. They told me that they import coffee from the Himalayas....crazy, but mind blowing good. I also had to try some of their in-house baked organic goods and was pleasantly surprised. I will be back in the evening to try their full menu. Certainly my new favorite Latte spot...:)in all of Halifax

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We went to this restaurant not knowing what to expect. Well, we were very pleased. The service was over the top! The food was lovely! The ambience of this place was relaxing & peaceful. There were 3 of us and each ordered a different meal, none of which was bad. Everything was very tasty and we shared so that says alot! Definitely a must visit Restaurant when in Halifax.