“Very nice strip mall offering”
Review of Tako Sushi & Ramen

Tako Sushi & Ramen
Ranked #49 of 712 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
minneapolis, mn
“Very nice strip mall offering”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This modest restaurant is in the midst of apartment living, just off the 102. As another reviewer has noted, the New York roll is very worthy. My husband was also pleased with his curry. The service was kind and friendly. A very good option if you like Asian food. We would return.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nonamesforme

“Fantastic as Always!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The food once again was amazing. Kevin the owner will make you whatever you are craving!! Christine his wife is the best hostess!! If you want a great, clean, friendly and a great Japanese experience you have to come and try Tako Sushi & Ramen!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2travellingstones
Halifax, Canada
“The Death of Sushi Nami”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stumbled upon this place some months ago, and when I saw "ramen" in the title I knew I had to go. I was not disappointment when I sat down for the first time. My server was very friendly, helped out with the menu, and I picked out of first of bowl of real ramen in Halifax. It was fantastic! The broth was so flavorful, and unlike soups in some Asian restaurants this restaurant stayed true to different types of broth from different areas of Japan. A soy based salty broth from Tokyo, and a miso based broth from Hokkaido are only a couple of the delicious choices. The sushi was fantastic once I had it as well (I had to try all the ramen first!!). I used to be a devoted to Sushi Nami but their standards have dropped (at least in Clayton Park), so I was thrilled when I found this place. I have been back a dozen times, and I'm a known face. I always feel welcome and the staff miss me when I'm away for too long! I sometimes get a little extra with my meals; I really feel appreciated as a customer. As a side note, the take-out bowls they provide for soups are awesome!! You can even microwave them! I love this place and I hope they keep up the great work.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Patricia S
Moncton, Canada
“Did not expect it to be so good”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Found the restaurant through trip advisor. We were not disappointed, really good, really fresh sushi. The black dragon roll, the caterpillar roll and the avocado kaisen were among the best we have tasted. The service was great and the prices were extremely reasonable. Although not the easiest location to find, certainly worth the effort if you are craving sushi in the Bayers Lake area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank volleydad
Halifax, Canada
“Best in Halifax /Best Service”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The quality of food here is excellent, prices are reasonable, but it is the service that tops it all. Staff and owner/chef are wonderful, genuinely friendly. This will be my new sushi restaurant. The quality is similar to what you would get a Hamachi/Nami.

• Visited July 2013