“Good food and service, but a bit noisy”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #3 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Delicious barbecue burger but not quite as rare as I ordered. We wanted to try the Korean French fry dish (an Asian poutine of sorts), so the waitress offered to substitute the kale salad at a slight up-charge for the fries that came with the burger. The salad and the fries were both very good, though the fries were a bit heavy, but, then, so is poutine.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've always heard great things about 2 Doors Down and because I work in a busy downtown Halifax hotel i decided to finally try it to see if it was a restaurant I should recommend to my guests. My boyfriend and I went in for a couple of apps and some wine. We both absolutely loved it. Our waitress (I think her name was Johnny) was extremely knowledgeable and kind. I was blown away with the service. My boyfriend (because he is a chef) was a little bit more picky with the food than i was but only had a couple of things to say. The flavour and presentation of the food was great! We will be back for sure and I absolutely will be recommending this restaurant to my guests.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We discovered this restaurant while walking throug the Streets. The restaurant looked busy in a good maner. We waited at the bar till the table was ready while enjoyig a drink. The waitor gave us good advice regarding wines, beer and the food. It was busy but we felt never rushed. Evereybody took time to talk to us en was interested in the trip we were about to make (Halifax-Vancouver). The food was delicious and tastefull. This is a go see restaurant!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love Chives Restaurant but 2 Doors Down just took it's place during my first visit last weekend. WOW!! Fantastic food, excellent service (thanks Tiernan) and carrot cake that's to die for!! We enjoyed the beef short rib ($19) and the spaetzle gratin ($16). Both were excellent - flavourful, filling and fantastic! Declining an appetizer meant we had room for dessert. Carrot cake is my favorite and our server told us we would not be disappointed. She was right. The cake was warm and topped with just the right amount of cream cheese icing and then whipped cream. It was all surrounded with a little pool of delicious syrup...not sure what is was, kind of like caramel ($7). Food is local and seasonal. The menu was being changed just this week. Can't wait to return. I have total confidence that I'll continue to be impressed.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I left my hotel to find a quick bite. I had not planned to go to a sit down restaurant until I stumbled upon this place and decided to give it a try. I sat at the bar, admiring their drink selection - a good selection of rum (makes sense given Halifax is a port city on the Atlantic) and bourbon (which surprised me).

For dinner I started with the fish taco. One big taco arrived - a good size piece of fish had been lightly fried and combined with a great sauce and shredded red cabbage. Very filling as an appetizer. Next I tried the chowder which was just as delicious. The chowder consisted of fish, shredded onion and potatoes in a great creamy broth. Very good all around with many other options on the menu that I would have liked to try but I was a satiated.