“Super”

Ranked #8 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of downtown Halifax, bringing a fresh, modern style of casual dishes using a local and seasonal ingredient base. We believe the simplest and most familiar dishes can be prepared in ways that commit them to memory. Working closely with Nova Scotia farmers and artisan food producers, our menus change with the seasons and attempt to showcase local produce with globally inspired flavours.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Was Amazing. Highly recommended. Lots of local wines and beers to choose from. We had apps, meal and dessert. All were fabulous.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband, a friend, and I tried this restaurant mid-week for supper. We had made a reservation a couple of hours ahead of time, and we were glad that we did. The restaurant got quite busy, and after trying the food it is easy to see why. Everything we had was beautiful, fresh, and delicious. We would definitely return. Prices were mid-high range, but the quality of ingredients was obvious and the service was excellent. Nice location as well.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

First night in town a week or so ago with family and without a reservation on a Saturday night. 2 Doors Down was packed and we were hungry so we took a seat at the bar and were glad we did. Great meal and service chatting with "our" bartender / waitress throughout. The food was fresh, innovative and very appetizing! Would definitely recommend and go back!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Great presentation,gracious and friendly service and delicious local food. Try the kale salad and the Haddock burger. Lamb also tasty. Grilled green onions also amazing.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We discovered this restaurant in a Halifax dining guide, and I'm so happy we decided to go! This is a lovely little restaurant that offers many different menu items and drinks for a variety of different budgets!

The serving staff treated us extremely well, and were very knowledgeable about the menu (food AND drinks).

We tried their bar bites (smaller than appetizers) to start - I had the shrimp tacos, which were delicious, and just the right size for a starter. I believe they were $5 - a great value for such a flavourful starter! My boyfriend had the mozza bites, which were $6 and perfectly melty and delicious!

For the main course, I had to try the smokehouse cheeseburger, which was to DIE for. My boyfriend had the seafood chowder (his favourite) and was extremely satisfied with it! They also had a great list of local wines and beers, and proudly boasted the fact that all of their ingredients (whenever possible) were locally grown and produced. We really felt like this was a taste of Halifax!

The layout of the restaurant is very fun and the mood is light. It was perfect for a date night while visiting Halifax - one of my favourite cities! My only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner so that I could have gone during a previous visit to Halifax ;)