“Smoked Potato Chowder is a must!”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #8 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of downtown Halifax, bringing a fresh, modern style of casual dishes using a local and seasonal ingredient base. We believe the simplest and most familiar dishes can be prepared in ways that commit them to memory. Working closely with Nova Scotia farmers and artisan food producers, our menus change with the seasons and attempt to showcase local produce with globally inspired flavours.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

On our first visit to this restaurant for lunch, we ordered Smoked Potato Chowder. Dreams are made of this luscious soup. The base is thick and creamy with a deep smoky flavour. Generous amount of seafood including a whole lobster claw to garnish. Smoked potatoes were julienned and cooked just enough to soften. Grilled red fife bread a tasty accompaniment. We arrived early and by noon the place was almost full.
Our return visit for dinner was also a success, especially dessert. Creamy, rich Chocolate Coconut Mousse served with raspberry coulis. Made with coconut milk, it's dairy-free and I would suggest that if you eat here, save room for dessert!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a short wait before we were seated in this very busy restaurant. The wait staff were very friendly as were the other customers. We enjoy our delicious local fare and dessert too !

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love this place. I've been there several times for dinner, and every thing I've had was fantastic. The burger and the kale salad are my favourites. My husband got the burger everytime he went... it's that good!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We have celebrated my bff b.day a couple days ago.Nice decor,friendly service and ehh food.fries were soo greasy :(

1  Thank elainelws
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Beautiful restaurant with good food. The food is really tasty and the presentation is nice. It was not exceptional to me but definitely good.