“Super convenient, value priced food”

Kee Heong Cantonese Bakery
Ranked #7 of 15 Bakeries in Halifax
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

You could so easily miss this place.

Best alternative to fast food and greasy asian food, steamed buns and Dim Sum on demand!

Was so good. Lots of hotels nearby, you can order it to go and have a feast in your room!

Small place in a walk down, ok for small groups or couples.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We eat at Kee Heong whenever we get the chance. After spending a year in South East Asia and having eaten Dim Sum all over Canada, and some of the US, this is the best, freshest hand made Dim Sum ever. A lot of dim sum feels like it comes out of the freezer, after a long boat ride from overseas...this does not. You know it's been made in house. The restaurant is basic...but who's ever been to a Dim Sum place that has beautiful ambience...it's all about the food. What we love is that there's actually vegetables in some of the food..lots of spinach in the dumplings that are my favourite. The chives buns are also fantastic...we haven't had everything on the menu because our favourites are just too compelling. I also love that it's a husband and wife team. So happy to have it in our city. And the nice part of it all, is that the prices are really good.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I was so excited to buy a dim sum snack so I ordered shrimp and chive and pork. The shrimp and chive, I should say chive, chive and shrimp was tasty however the pork was so chewy that I felt scared to finish...so I didn't. The pastries looked good, but too afraid to try.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

When we got there, there was no table available so we waited a little. Service is quick, don't ask for a fork, I don't think they have any since they never brought one to my friend. We tried many things on the menu, including the chicken feet and we appreciated that the lady explained to us that it was served cold and very spicy. Will go back to try the pork tripes ;)

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The atmosphere was good, small restaurant with good service. The location is very strategic, near the harbour front and near the library.
But the choice of dim sum was pretty limited in my opinion. But anyway it's already good to be able to eat dim sum in Halifax.

Date of visit: June 2017