“Midtown”

Cuisines: Pub
New Germany, Canada
“Midtown”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Food (steak) was OK, found it had too much tenderizer which tainted the taste of the meat. The sweet potato fries were great.

Visited July 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Ok”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Standard local bar with ok food, friendly staff but not for a special night out. Good location with many other interesting bars nearby

Visited June 2014
Lethbridge, Canada
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Fish and chips were terrific. The service was fast and friendly and the beer was cold. We were here on a Thursday night and the pub wasn't busy yet. Live music was setting up as we were leaving. Other patrons meals looked very good, was roast beef supper night.

Visited May 2014
Truro, Canada
“I hesitate to even give Midtown 1 star”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have visited Midtown several times. Usually very great service and very good food. On May 29th, however, I was very disappointed when I informed the 'waiter' I had a shellfish allergy, and he immediately said 'I can't guarantee anything'. I always inform waiters of my allergy and this is the first time at your establishment that I've been told that there was a concern. I ordered nachos, which seemed like a fairly safe dish so I was not concerned nor expecting that type of response, in the manner it was given. Certainly I did not feel comfortable eating at your establishment after a comment like that - are you concerned that your wait staff has no confidence in your kitchen staff? Or is there something going on in the kitchen that frozen scallops are contaminating everything? The only shellfish I saw on your menu were scallops and it surprised me that he wouldn't even go to the kitchen to ask if it was possible to make me nachos without contaminating them with scallops. Are they a new item? I was with a group of people so I stayed while they ate. I enjoyed my visit to your restaurant, because of the people I was with, but I will not be visiting your establishment in the future.

• Visited May 2014
LaHave, Canada
“Sarah meets the Girls!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great staff who always look after me when I go there! Thanks to all, Scotty, Don, Sarah, Robyn and Bobby

Visited April 2014