“Really good fish and chips!”
Review of Battered Fish

Battered Fish
Ranked #92 of 733 Restaurants in Halifax
Indian Shores, Florida
“Really good fish and chips!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I could smell the aroma as we were on the board walk in Halifax and immediately decided this is where I'll lunch. The line was already long and the menu quite extensive for a small booth. I am a fish and chip lover, but very picky. I looked at the portions before I plunged in and asked the regulars how was the food. No bad comments. I got the 2 piece haddock and chips. They were cooked just right, a light batter and good fresh flaky fish. The chips were skinny ( I like fat) but good real potatoes with skin on, nice and crispy. If I lived closer it would be my 'go to' for lunch.
There are many other items on the menu.
Just the perfect place for a take away meal and plenty of outside seating right on the water.

• Visited June 2014

Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fish is very good but very small for the price you are paying. The chips were home fries, but still not the best.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank misty b
New Glasgow
“Clams & Fries Very Good”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had the whole clams and fries on three different occasions when in Sackville and was impressed each time with the well prepared large order and also the home cut fries and tartar sauce.The restaurant is clean and welcoming and in a good location for a quick lunch and get back on the highway fast.

• Visited May 2014
Halifax, Canada
“I'm a fan”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Battered Fish has caused me to take a pledge. Never, ever, ever more than once a month. Because otherwise I'd be there everytime I turned around. And as wonderful as their fish 'n chips are, that could be disastrous to my waistline. Ah, such dilemmas to have.

What's so special you ask? Well, not only is the fish consistently fresh and beautifully fried in a light batter, but the shoestring chips still have the skin on them ...and the condiments are wonderful. I'm a fan of their spicy house mayo sauce. And the selection of salt ...yes, salt selection. Good old table salt or sea salt. And 3 or 4 malt vinegars, plus regular old white vinegar, hot sauces and the usual ketchup. Decent cole slaw as well.

I keep meaning to try some of their other delights, but the Fish 'n Chips just keeps drawing me in each and every time. Now, when does my next scheduled visit come up on life's calendar???

Visited May 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Great meal”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fish and chips were great. Fish was fresh with a very light batter. Lots of dipping sauces to choose from. Good variety of vinegars and seasonings . Place was busy with lots of people with takeout. Service was swift and friendly.

• Visited April 2014