“Beautiful rooms and great downtown location”

Residence Inn Halifax Downtown
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have stayed at the Mariott's Residence Inn in downtown Halifax many times and am always impressed. The service is excellent, the rooms are beautifully renovated and it is located within walking distance to shops, the waterfront, restaurants and everything you need. Always a pleasure!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Halifax Downtown

Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have stayed at several hotels in Halifax, including all of the three Marriott hotels and both Delta Hotels, and I would hands down choose the Residence Inn Halifax again and again. I stayed at the Residence Inn for weeks and months at a time, and the courteous, extremely friendly staff made me feel right at home. The big TV's and full kitchens in all of the rooms are nice for extended stays. The entire hotel was just remodeled in early 2011, so the couches, beds, TV's, floors, and artwork are brand new! They even have the high-class granite countertops, which just goes to show they don't skimp when it comes to making the customer happy. There's a nice gym on the first floor, with laundry facilities on-site, and free breakfasts in the lounge. In the summer, their rooftop patio with lounge chairs and BBQ grill can't be beat!

And if you feel like getting a bite to eat or a drink somewhere, you only have to walk across the street to find a number of restaurants and bars, including my personal favorite "Durty Nelly's" Irish Pub. Located where it is, the Residence Inn is with 5 minute walking distance of virtually everywhere downtown, as well as Spring Garden Street and all of the businesses and restaurants there.

I thought the rates were very reasonable as well. Definitely much cheaper than the Harbourfront Marriott and many of the others in town. I don't think you'll find such big rooms packed with as many amenities for the price as you will at the Residence Inn Halifax. It was a pleasure staying there and I will certainly be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ManOnTheGo66
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Returned as always to the Residence Inn when visiting Halifax recently .The rooms have all been totally renovated. New decor is wonderful, and the most comforable beds I've ever experienced. Also delicious new range of hot breakfast items were an additional bonus. As always, the professionalism and the warmth of the staff were the key attraction. The friendliest and most convenient location in Halifax is now even more impressive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank elceltino
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was our second time visiting The Residence Inn and enjoyed every second of it!
The staff was friendly, helpful and seemed like they all love their jobs!!
We were even lucky to get stormed stayed an extra night!
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott for 10 days while we were waiting for our new home to be finished for our occupancy. The staff was very helpful, and friendly. The rooms are every inviting, and comfortable. We've been living in hotels for the last month crossing the country and The Marriott in Halifax was by far the best sleeping, warmest atmosphere and friendliest staff. If you get tired of eating out you can cook your own food in your kitchenette. The hotel is very close to downtown shopping, restaurants and has underground parking. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Stayed there in Dec of 09 and was promised a voucher for my next stay but due to all the vouchers having an expiry date of Feb I was told by the girl at the front desk and the manager they would send me out one through the mail so I could use it on my trip to Montreal. never got it and when I approached the hotel just before I left for Montreal nobody could recall this and was informed the promotion was no longer being offered so there was no way they could assist. hotel was clean and staff were friendly other then this incident but I'd have rate the overall service as low since they did not deliver on the promise made.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This was a bad imitation of what I have come to expect at a Marriott. We had to go searching for sheets for our sofa bed at 11:15 at night because there were none in the room. The hot tub had such a filty ring around it that it was too disgusting to use. The bed was the most uncomfortable that I have slept on at a hotel.
The room that we were given had a bright outdoor spotlight shining in it at night and there was no way to block it out. I felt like I was in the Seinfeld episode where the Kenny Rogers chicken light was keeping Kramer awake. (room 210 on the second floor)
The breakfast room staff were very good but I am not going back here

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family