“Wedding on the rooftop!!”

Residence Inn Halifax Downtown
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 22 May 2012

On May 5th we were lucky enough to have our wedding on the rooftop of the Residence Inn by Mariott Halifax Downtown! It is a beautiful and private spot with ocean views and played a big part in making our day so special. The staff and service was exceptional, and the rooms are beautiful!!! The hotel is very clean and newly renovated. I would highly recommend this hotel for overnight accomadations, and a wedding venue. Thank you!!!!"

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This hotel had almost everything I needed for my business trip: great location, excellent staff, very clean, great high-speed internet, and a decent breakfast buffet. No serious complaints. Only thing I would change: no business center, but there's a computer in the lobby where you can print small jobs to the printer at the front desk (first 10 pages are free - not great, but enough to get your boarding pass or a small document).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Yes, the room was nice, liked the breakfast . None of it mattered much because when we arrived at 1 a.m . and,after being assured we could park at the hotel, we had to find a parking lot in downtown Halifax on our own. That ruined our weekend. Had we been told we MAY not have parking available, we could have had at least a heads up on finding our own but we were assured........We had stayed at the Delta Halifax 2 weeks previously and we had our vehicle parked for us. We were told we WOULD have parking at the Residence Inn . We will be back to Halifax soon, but not staying at the Residence Inn. Do you know how stressful parking is in Halifax, let alone at 1 A.M.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wishie M
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Excellent hotel.Quiet-roomy-very clean-friendly staff-great breakfast-secure and clean underground parking.Free wireless internet.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed for 1 night and found the hotel overall to be an adequate place to stay. I picked the Residence Inn as I was staying with my husband and tweenager so we wanted more space than just a standard room. I forgot to take photos, however, the photos on website and provided by management on TA are accurate.

I stayed in a one bed suite, king in bedroom, sofa bed in LR. Room was super clean, pleasant and inviting. I likes the fact that there was a desk AND a table in the living room. The bedroom was small but adequate, the washroom is accessible from the bedroom only and sink area is outside of the bathroom itself which is a pro for some but a con for others. (I wake early and have to disturb my sleeping husband to brush my teeth) There was a regular door between LR and BR.

The king bed is comfy enough- not like a regular Marroitt bed,but good enough.No super soft pillow top but good and firm. Triple sheets, no bedspread- I like that. My daughter reported that the sofa bed was not one of the best, but it was OK.

There was a small amount of street noise, but it wasn't too bad. The hotel is near the pubs, so I might be leery of staying on a week end night as I would assume it would be noisy.

The parking under the hotel was good, you have an assigned spot and need your key to open the door, so I felt it was really safe and secure. Spots were a bit snug.

I really liked the workout room. There was a lot of space for using a mat and exercise ball. Also, they have the 1,3, and 5 pound girly weights, which I appreciated. There were also treadmill, bike, eliptical, weight benches, and a full set of regular free weights. All of the cardio machines had their own TV which you could plug into with you headphones.

The breakfast was typical Residence Inn which I like. Waffle maker, continental stuff, as well as scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat and potato.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful, the small convenience food shop in the lobby was unusually well stocked, compared to what I have seen at other places.

Overall, its a good spot in the city if you want a larger space or kitchen facilities. Although we didn't use the kitchen, the dishes came in handy for snacks/drinks and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking.

I would stay again.

Tip: the icemaker was on in the freezer and dumped a tray of ice in the late evening. The noise made us all jump! I would suggest checking its in the off position before bed time!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are interior rooms, ours faces the harbor which was a nice view but there...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aparticulartguest
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Booked hotel through Priceline for my birthday. Upon arrival at hotel, I asked if I could be upgraded because of it being my birthday, but they don't allow that. The front desk clerk did give me "free" parking, however. Then in the morning, the bill is under my door for the $25 parking fee and already been charged to my cc. Thanks Residence Inn.

Also, a friend of mine stopped by while we were out for dinner to drop off a gift to be left in the room. The gift was not in my room when I returned to the hotel, so clearly they put it in someone else's room. Thanks Residence Inn.

Location very central to downtown, but if that's not your scene, dont bother with this place.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Kx147
Reviewed 23 February 2012

What a great hotel! Nestled in the heart of downtown Halifax on the corner of Grafton and Sackville St. equi-distant between the Citadel and the Waterfront and within a block or two of many fine restaurants, pubs and the Playhouse, this Marriott family hotel is the ideal choice for your stay in beautiful Halifax. The hotel is brightly colored, very clean, and the rooms are quite comfortable with the best beds you will ever find. Couple this with a full kitchen for those with families or singles on long term stays, and you have the best of all worlds. The staff is cordial, accommodating and very friendly, be they the front desk associates or the housekeeping personnel. The hotel offers a morning hot breakfast, and the attendants for that are just great. I was there for four weeks just recently and got to know practically everyone by name. And, if you don't find what you want, just call on Angela, the General Manager, and she will take care of it in a bright, cheerful way.
If you are looking for the best in Halifax, go to the best - the Residence Inn Halifax Downtown. Take it form me and 14 of my colleagues who spent four weeks there, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: While all rooms have a full kitchen, most do not have an oven. Rooms with an oven are available on...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business