“Fun night with the girls”

Stubborn Goat Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Stubborn Goat Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 766 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We're serving upscale comfort food that features the best Nova Scotia producers, pouring quality craft beers along with select big brands, and offering an incredible selection of wines with live entertainment every Wednesday to Sunday and no cover ever. Grab a seat, and get comfortable.Our rustic, historic interior is highlighted by modern design and technology -- we're taking public house to the next level. Serving up your favorite meals with chef-designed twists, offering addictive sharing plates, pouring the best collection of brews, and mixing up refreshing cocktails -- better claim your seat at downtown Halifax's new favorite place to eat and drink.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were recently back home in Halifax for my sister's wedding. A few days before a group of girls took her for dinner to celebrate before the big day. There were 8 in our party and we did call for reservations although not sure how necessary it is we wanted to make sure we had a table.

Atmosphere - It was kind of fun. Very upscale pub like. The kitchen is open so we could see everything they were doing. They had live music upstairs. Overall I liked it. Only issue I had was only one washroom as in literally one little room and that was it.

Service – We had a fantastic waiter. He was very patient as we took a bit of time to order. We were all gabbing :-) He was quite knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. We were all pleased with the service he provided.

Food – Not a large menu but they have wood fire pizza which is always delicious. I had the risotto croquettes and I shared the scallop, bacon, gremolata pizza. It was quite a size and more than enough for two especially with an appetizer. Both of these items were delicious. Others at our table ordered pizzas which they enjoyed. One ordered the lobster club and she actually said she couldn’t eat it all it was too much lobster. Not often you will ever hear that complaint but they did have a lot of lobster in this sandwich. One thing I liked is the amount of local ingredients used in the dishes. Over all the consensus was that the meal was delicious.

I would recommend this restaurant as a great spot for dinner with friends or even a date night.

1  Thank RyleyNS
StubbornGoat, Owner at Stubborn Goat Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Glad to hear you had a great time with us. Just so you are aware for future visits we actually have a lot more washrooms than just the one. Our main washrooms are located downstairs by the wine cellar. We have two Female and Male washrooms down there as well as the one accessible washroom on the main floor and two more washrooms upstairs.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The service was fast and friendly, the menu offered a variety of delicious dishes and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have been wanting to go here but keep forgetting about it. Well we remembered and sat outside on their very nice patio. It was the weekend so there was no construction.
We had a very nice young waitress that had only started a couple of weeks ago. She is a great ambassador for the restaurant and went out of her way to answer our questions and provide insight of the menu. We tried several items and it was all very good. We have to go back for supper as this menu has so many items we want to try!
They have a huge selection of beer and wines.
This is a definite must try in Halifax.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Friends invited us to have supper with them at the Stubborn Goat. We had made reservations for 6:30, we were promptly sat down and had drinks on the table by 6:40. The menu is quite varied and they don't serve in a traditional way (ie appetizer, salad, etc). What you order comes when it's ready in the kitchen. I had the gnocci, my friend Deborah had the lobster mac'n cheese (HOLY WOW!) and my hubby had a burger with loaded fries. The food was really vibrant with flavors, lots of fresh ingredients and served in a timely manner (the place was packed!) Desserts were a bit slow and our server Anthony apologized profusely (he was awesome!) but we seriously didn't mind as it gave us time to digest our meal, enjoy some wine and look forward to the lovely creations. I had a Dutch chocolate mousse that was so light and aery it was truly a heavenly chocolate delight!

I can't wait to go to this restaurant again the next time I'm in Halifax.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Impressed with the food selection, quality, price and taste. Had the home made sausages with sauerkraut and shared the brussel sprouts with my boyfriend. He had the lobster mac and cheese. Everything was delicious. The interior of the restaurant is well done and the bathrooms were pretty cool.