“Absolutely recommendable!”
Review of The Verandah B&B

The Verandah B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halifax
The Verandah B&B
Ranked #16 of 22 Halifax B&B and Inns
Germany
“Absolutely recommendable!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have been in Joans house the first two nights in Halifax and the start in our first holiday in Kanada couldn´t be better!
A wounderfull place, familiar atmosphere and very near to the city. The breakfast was great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had the "Pink room", and we really felt very home. Especially with the owner, Joan, who was so friendly and humorous, we have laughed a lot! And she was very helpfull with any questions we had and gave us good tips for activities in Halifax. We enjoyed the time in the Verandah so much, that we also spended our last night there, before we left Nova Scotia.

We would book this B&B any time again!

1 Thank MarleeGermany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
LA
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I wish I could have stayed longer at The Verandah to get spoiled by Joan (the owner) with her great personality and awesome homemade food..
We couldn't have felt more at home than being at home. I wanted to stay another week!!

1 Thank chris m
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I visited the Verandah B&B while in Halifax a couple months ago and had a great time. Fantastic city, warm people and great food. The place was in such an ideal location, close to downtown but far enough away that it was quiet as well. Joan, the owner of the B&B had us laughing for 5 days, she's from Newfoundland and has many, many interesting stories. The rooms were clean and cozy and the breakfast was amazing. I could ask for nothing more from a B&B. Thanks Joan!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DSanborn
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I hope I can come back to The Verandah some day very soon. It was so wonderful to be welcome in such a warm way by Joan the owner. Great location, great food, great all around experience. It's located close to some great places to visit and the rooms/hotel are exactly as advertised.

1 Thank jon s
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I can't say enough about my stay at The Verandah Bed & Breakfast. Centrally located, near all the great tourist attractions of Halifax, within walking distance to all shopping, restaurants and museums.
Coming back to a welcoming host in Joan. Staying in a warm environment. I would recommend to all my friends!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SeasonedTraveler310
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The B&B is great. It's one minute walking distance from Dalhousie University, and still close to the waterfront.
The hostess Joan is awesome! We had many nice conversations and she even took me to Peggy's cove.
I had a wonderful time and I'll surely stay there next time I visit Halifax.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bigfatbernie
Walferdange
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This B&B is very well situated and the place and host are very authentic. You get to know a lot about the city and the host and don't even have to pay for it:) The Loft is really nicely arranged and has a lot of space. Thank you for the Moosehead parade tip and of course the very personal music tip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple