“Highly recommended!!!”
Review of The Verandah B&B

The Verandah B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halifax
The Verandah B&B
Ranked #16 of 22 Halifax B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Highly recommended!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My friends from Calgary needed a place to stay while visiting me after having my baby. The Verandah was recommended to me from a friend and I thought the place looked quite charming. Long story short, it turned out to be fabulous!!! The home was on such a beautiful street in Halifax, steps from Dalhousie University and a hop skip and a jump from all the attractions downtown. What really made the place amazing was Joan the owner!! She was so warm hearted and down to earth, it felt like they were staying with their own folks! The breakfast was also an amazing spread!! I highly recommend The Verandah B&B if your coming to visit Halifax!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AJane79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I visited the Verandah B&B recently, on a little trip to Halifax and couldn't have been more pleased with everything. Coming in late from Calgary, I was a little tired when I got into town and the owner Joan, waited up to let me in and promptly showed me to my lovely homey room where I had the best sleep I'd ever had. When I awoke, Joan told me some funny stories and fed me the most amazing breakfast of fresh pastries, coffee, orange juice and even made me bacon and eggs!!! wow I was so greatful and it set my day off on a very positive note!! The B&B is in such a great location, so close to everything, yet far enough away to be in a quiet place. I love Halifax and I love Joan and her Verandah B&B!!! Go there and stay like you're at home!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paolo B
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have stayed at the Verandah and have enjoyed getting to know Joan over the past 12 years. Now, I look forward to our next trip to Halifax, and a chance to catch up with Joan. I always thought I hated bed and breakfasts until I stayed with Joan. She makes you feel right at home, and has a heart of gold... and she has the most comfortable beds in town! She doesn't want you rattling around in the middle of the night disturbing the other guests, and I sure appreciate that. If you respect her, she respects you! Good food, good location, and always enjoy a laugh with Joan. Looking forward to our next visit.

1 Thank Cathy W
Germany
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have been in Joans house the first two nights in Halifax and the start in our first holiday in Kanada couldn´t be better!
A wounderfull place, familiar atmosphere and very near to the city. The breakfast was great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had the "Pink room", and we really felt very home. Especially with the owner, Joan, who was so friendly and humorous, we have laughed a lot! And she was very helpfull with any questions we had and gave us good tips for activities in Halifax. We enjoyed the time in the Verandah so much, that we also spended our last night there, before we left Nova Scotia.

We would book this B&B any time again!

1 Thank MarleeGermany
LA
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I wish I could have stayed longer at The Verandah to get spoiled by Joan (the owner) with her great personality and awesome homemade food..
We couldn't have felt more at home than being at home. I wanted to stay another week!!

1 Thank chris m
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I visited the Verandah B&B while in Halifax a couple months ago and had a great time. Fantastic city, warm people and great food. The place was in such an ideal location, close to downtown but far enough away that it was quiet as well. Joan, the owner of the B&B had us laughing for 5 days, she's from Newfoundland and has many, many interesting stories. The rooms were clean and cozy and the breakfast was amazing. I could ask for nothing more from a B&B. Thanks Joan!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DSanborn
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I hope I can come back to The Verandah some day very soon. It was so wonderful to be welcome in such a warm way by Joan the owner. Great location, great food, great all around experience. It's located close to some great places to visit and the rooms/hotel are exactly as advertised.

1 Thank jon s