“Great Ambiance”

The Nook on Gottingen
Ranked #3 of 12 Bakeries in Halifax
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe, Bar, Healthy, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a Coffee Shop & Lounge in the North End Halifax. Located on a rapidly developing south end of Gottingen St, we are fresh, cozy, and unique, with an atmospheric fusion of rustic and modern. Here you can enjoy a pint of Propeller microbrew or a mug of locally-roasted Laughing Whale espresso, relax on a couch or a floor cushion and read a book, catch up with friends, or meet a colleague.
Halifax, Canada
“Great Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I always enjoy a visit to The Nook on Gottingen. It is a tad quirky in layout but that just makes it a more special spot. I think I'd visited at least 3 times before realizing they had little alcoves along one wall where you can sip tea on deep cushions, in a very Eastern tradition. Sadly, my old hip joints won't allow that, but I can always dream.

A gang of us dropped in one evening after a Board meeting. It was lovely to order up some plates of mixed foods, a bottle of wine or a nice beer and just hang out in informal groupings.

The coffee is consistently excellent at The Nook. The service is warm and friendly. Good range of snacks and light meals. I meet a lot of friends and business colleagues in this spot and know that I will always enjoy myself.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GwenMcCauley

Halifax, Canada
“Chai Latte very special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

enjoyed the best ever chai latte recently; these folks are very serious about their coffee and teas. Seating is odd, but a great place to meet with friends or conduct some quick business.

• Visited January 2014