“Small cafe with a heart.”

The Nook on Gottingen
Ranked #8 of 14 Bakeries in Halifax
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Description: We are a Coffee Shop & Lounge in the North End Halifax. Located on a rapidly developing south end of Gottingen St, we are fresh, cozy, and unique, with an atmospheric fusion of rustic and modern. Here you can enjoy a pint of Propeller microbrew or a mug of locally-roasted Laughing Whale espresso, relax on a couch or a floor cushion and read a book, catch up with friends, or meet a colleague.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

They do this in parts of Europe. You pay ahead for coffee and muffin or a meal for someone in need. The food was excellent . You go to the counter and order ,the food is brought to you when ready. The sever was pleasant and if more restaurant operated like this the restaurant industry would be making the world a better place.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This is on of my favourite cafes in Halifax. I like the chilled out atmosphere where you can drink a coffee and relax. It never really gets too busy, it actually only has room for about 20-30 people at most. The food is healthy and reasonably priced. I have always had quick, friendly service. A stop off spot on my way home from the pool.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I came in here a few months ago and was shocked at the service and the exceptionally low knowledge of the "baristas" working there. I asked for a dry cappuccino, and in a very condescending way, the only two baristas on the floor, asked me what that was and treated me as if it didn't exist. They proceeded to ask me if I wanted a flat white instead, which I then stated is a short latte (less milk) and less foam vs. a regular latte. I was shocked that they even compared a flat white and a cappuccino. I then told them that a dry cap was just espresso and microfoam and they ended up making a flat white. I left it on the table untouched as I didn't have time to deal with two, young pretentious people who don't know how to put a quality drink out. Very terrible service and not even sub par drinks being made

3  Thank xx11226
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I don't know why more restaurants don't plan their menus with this model in mind — option for vegans and vegetarians as well as meat eaters. The owners of the Nook have this figured out. We loved coming here for bagel sandwiches in the morning and pecan blondies to take away for snacking later. The staff were really friendly and genuine and eating at The Nook made our stay near the North End extra special. Loved the clean open look of the place as well as the living wall and many plants lining the table against the big windows. We'll go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

A bit pricier but in my opinion it is worth it. Super nice decor! I had the bagel with tomatoes and goat cheese two days in a row. Super delicious.
Had the blueberry lemonade, I assume it's sugar free since it is very sour and not very sweet.
Cool place!