My husband and I and our adult son and his partner stayed here for 2 nights in August. Our 7th floor room was a harbourview room which actually had a better view of the water than does the other Marriott right on the harbour front. We had stayed at that Marriott on 2 previous occasions. Our son's room also had a decent view overlooking the Alexander Keiths building with a smaller view of the water. The hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious. Because we were there on the weekend there was only a buffet available at breakfast and I was not impressed with the basic items offered. During the week there is an actual breakfast menu which we were not able to try. The other Marriott mentioned above has a much better breakfast buffet and has an overall feeling of being more upscale. There is a small cafe in the Alexander Keith's building where we had breakfast one morning as did many other people from the hotel. Also in that building there is a small bakery with the best cinnamon buns if you need a sugar fix! This hotel is in a great location for sightseeing in Halifax being close to the waterfront and also the many restaurants and pubs in downtown Halifax. My husband and I are divided as to which Marriott we prefer- he liked this one better for the location but I like the other one better for the general feel of the hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel I might just suggest that you eat breakfast elsewhere if you happen to be there on the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia