The hotel is attractive, well maintained and comfortable. It is in a great location; right next to Alexander Keith’s Brewery Warehouse, which has been renovated into shops and restaurants, and within very easy walking distance of the Maritime Museum and other harbor attractions. A bit further away, and uphill, are more restaurants, and a few more uphill blocks, but still within walking distance, is the Halifax Citadel, a restored fort where they still fire the cannon at noon.
On the downside, the Internet connection, both wireless and wired, while no additional cost, require you to enter a key in your browser just about each time you turn your computer on. I can understand once per visit, or once per day, but this system is far too intrusive, especially if you have a laptop, smartphone and e-reader, such as a Kindle. The bath towels were also not as thick as those I normally find at Courtyards; they were more like those at a Fairfield Inn.
The hotel also does not have the breakfast buffet that is commonly found in Courtyards in the U.S. Breakfast must be ordered off the menu. This was not a problem the first morning. The menu selection is extensive and service was fast, even though I ordered a special item. However, on day 2, service was very slow even though we ordered right off the menu; so slow that had this been a business trip instead of vacation, I may have had to pass on breakfast in order to not miss my morning appointment. If the hotel does not want to offer a buffet, they must make sure they have enough kitchen staff to serve their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia