I spent a week at the Courtyard Halifax. Unfortunately I arrived the night the staff was getting ready for their Christmas party so the kitchen was closed to the guest. I had to order food from one of the nearby restaurants or go out. Not a problem. The restaurant directly outside the courtyard will deliver room service and there are great restaurants nearby.
Good location for where I needed to go and the staff was attentive. I found the rooms a bit cold and the thermostat on the wall did nothing to heat it. I cranked that baby as far as it would go and it did not produce more heat.
Need a taxi? Don from Casino Taxis was excellent. He was always near the hotel and if he wasn't nearby and he made a commitment with you, he made sure somebody else was there. I used him and his colleagues to drop me off at QEII and to pick me up in the evenings for 3 days and to take me to the airport and they were always on time everytime.
Hotel food was ok but as previously stated, there are other options nearby in the Brewery Market. I noticed that they delivered exactly what you ordered to your room. For example, there was never any bread with my entree or even a glass of water. I found this a little different from other hotels I've frequented.
It was winter and very cold so I did not venture out but the location is perfect for summer walks along the harbor. My room gave me an awesome view of the harbor, After I returned home, my brother-in-law told me I should have stayed at the Marriott because I would not have had to go outside to get to the casino and other activities in the area.
I would recommend this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia