“Comfortable Stay”

Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here during a work trip and it was excellent. The location is walking distance to shops, nightlife and restaurants. The hotel food is really tasty. The room was large and spacious, very clean and comfortable. This is a modern property.The staff were very helpful. Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard downtown Halifax. A really nice and well managed hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful in all our request. The location of the hotel was really good. We were close to the water. Our room was real nice and comfortable. The only downside for us was the parking fee for our rental car. Overall a very good stay in Halifax at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank French S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rooms, staff and location all great, but the initial and replacement rooms suffered from the same fatal flaw...the ventilation system carries conversations from room to room and I would not recommend staying here until this issue is addressed.

I can hear conversations quite clearly from adjacent rooms and it is very annoying. In fact, I can hear one now as I'm typing this review. I can only hope that my night's sleep won't be interrupted by someone having a well deserved late night of fun...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is our 5th year staying at this hotel. Perfect location for those who like to walk and explore. Very close to pubs, dining & dancing if you so choose. We had stayed at the Marriott attached to the Casino in previous years but for price and location this is our better choice. We do like to go to the casino but it is approximately a 10 min walk from here and all along the waterfront. It is a walk you would want to do anyhow.
Valet parking is a must. There are limited parking spots available and all at a cost. If you use the parking garage it cost the same or more then valet.
The hotel itself is great. It has a gym and pool both of which we have never used. They look fine. The lobby area is nice and updated. The staff are always great here as well.
The rooms are nice and on par with a Courtyard.
One suggestion, they have a mini fridge in the room with a large bottle of water in there. They do charge 5.00 if you use it. We always try and bring a bottle or two with us. Much cheaper.
Just a short walk and you are within minutes of great dining and entertainment. Love this hotel.

Room Tip: They have a great view if you ask for it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bee1610
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this Hotel. I have to stay in Halifax sometimes for work and I go a few times a year for fun too. I always stay here. The staff are so accomodating and pleasant that they feel like friends. The hotel is spotless and the rooms are beautiful. It's pretty much on the waterfront (across the street) and centrally located in town so that you can walk to everything Halifax has to offer in just minutes. I really love the feeling I get everytime I walk through those doors and I reccomend the Courtyard to anyone looking to stay downtown Halifax you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've stayed in many Halifax hotels but my wife and I always enjoy visiting the Courtyard. The rooms are clean and bright with awesome beds. The location is tough to beat, saturday morning strolls to the farmers market are mandatory for any weekend getaway. The lobby is big and open with plenty of room to relax and read the paper.

Finally the staff are professional and kind, a great human touch that compliments the hotel experience perfectly. When we arrive it feels like coming home, just without the mess and dishes in the sink!

Room Tip: Many harbour facing rooms have balcony's with a view that can't be beat in Halifax.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've stayed here a number of times while on business and am always blown away at the service I receive. From the bellmen being at the door to greet me and take my car, to the modern and comfortable rooms the Courtyard Halifax is one of my all time favourite hotels. They've even got a great little lounge with a very tasty menu (try the steak sandwich).

The hotel is great, the rooms are great, there's even harbour views from a lot of them, and as if that weren't enough, it's the newest hotel in downtown Halifax so you can rest assured you won't be getting an old dilapidated room.

Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business