we were pleasantly surprised at the new renovations at this hotel. When we booked it the web site did not indicate they were renovating. I don't think anyone had actually stayed in the room we did before.
The location is good, easy to get to from the highway. You can park your car (valet underground only $19/day) and walk anywhere you need to on the waterfront. We were on the 4th floor, ask for rooms on the 6th or 7th to get the best view. Especially rooms # 18, #20, #21, # 22 on either of those 2 floors, or anywhere on the 8th. The rooftop terrace was open with patio furniture available and a great view. Take your morning coffee to the terrace to watch the sun rise over the Halifax harbour. Or your glass of wine in the afternoon to sit and watch the boats in the harbour!
The restaurant had just changed formats the week before (from table service to counter order), and there was some confusion with my husbands' food ....however the Manager came over, apologized, and explained the newness of it all to his team. He made it okay, and we understood completely how in a a new environment mistakes happen. Because he handled it so professionally, and it was not a major issue with us anyhow, we were satisfied.
The rooms are set up in a "feng shui" format, with the beds facing the windows, and a nice small bamboo water feature when you arrive. I wish they had put another outlet on this little counter top, with 2 cell phones, laptop & tablet finding enough plug ins to charge everything took a few minutes. And having wine glasses in the room would have been appreciated, but we were given a pair with no challenges from the bar staff downstairs.
The lobby, computers, comfy couches with plug ins in the arm rests and the big screen TV was well done, and we enjoyed the fact that we could relax in an open environment without much noise from others in the lobby.
Free wifi in the room, easy to set up. Bed was a little hard for us, but pillows were comfy. Room temperature easy to moderate as preferred, and most importantly not noisy at all!
There was no luggage rack in our room, but again because of the renovations it may get one yet. We managed by dragging the coffee table over to the wardrobe. The wardrobe needs a light inside! It is dark!
Front staff are very friendly, newspapers in the lobby are always nice. The hotel gym equipment was brand new...not quite all set up when we wanted to use it, but it will be appreciated for those interested. Not much privacy with anyone in the pool able to sit & watch with the big windows, but the gym is bright that way.
Overall no big complaints with the hotel especially because everyone was so friendly and everything was new. We really enjoyed the weekend, and would consider staying there again if given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia