Courtyard Halifax Downtown
US$256
US$256
US$231
  • Breakfast included
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)
US$252
US$215
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$273
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$112
US$273
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$128
Priceline
Priceline
Hotels.com
All reviewscourtyard marriottvalet parkingzen gardenrooftop terracetypical courtyardgreat locationbrewery marketwithin walking distancekeith's breweryhalifax downtowntop floorstarbucks coffeefront desk staffmaritime museumshort walkwaterfront boardwalkharbour front
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff at this hotel go out of their way to make sure their guests have everything they need or want. We have travelled around the world and have to say as far as customer service, this is one of the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I joined my wife who was here on a business trip.

We had a great harbour view room. Room was spotless.

WIFI was great and included in the room rate. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The only reason I was able to stay at this pricey hotel was because of credit card reward points. I am glad I cashed those in, though. It is a very nice hotel. Parking is valet only and adds about $20 to your bill. The lobby has a little restaurant with a limited Starbucks coffee menu. The classic oatmeal was great and huge. My room was on the 5th floor with a partial waterfront view. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is a terrace on the 8th floor with a great view of the sunrise. There are patio tables, but no bar. It was quite windy and chill up there at sunset and sunrise, so I had it all to myself. I did not check out the pool or fitness areas. The main waterfront tourist area is a few blocks away; it is an easy flat walk. There are a few shops and restaurants even closer than that. Be ready for the toll bridge if you cross the water - $1.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I decided to take a quick 5 day honeymoon to Halifax, the hotel was decent, I had contacted them ahead of of time to arrange for flowers and a bottle a wine upon our arrival. When we entered the room, my wife was surprised, everything was perfect! The only issued we had was having the room made up, the one day it took forever, as we had left in the morning and returned late in the afternoon and it still wasn't touched. We were then bothered several times to have the room cleaned, until we said forget it, we just wanted to rest before heading out for dinner. Other then that one issue, we had a great time and really enjoyed the city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Second time to this excellent hotel right on the beautiful waterfront of Halifax. Upgraded to a waterfront room and than treated to the most pleasant helpful staff we have encountered on our many trips. Hotel is spotless, rooms very bright and well decorated. Terrific expansive view of the harbour for all from the rooftop patio. Easy walking distance to all of the downtown spots including the multitude of restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Higher level waterfront rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave P, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good day SunSeekers036, so glad you had the opportunity to take in some great views from our roof top terrace. I believe it to be some of the best in the city.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Very best ,