“Great Hotel with great location”

Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Great Hotel with great location”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I usually travel to Halifax 2 - 3 times a year and every time I alway stay at this hotel. The rooms are a perfect size with a magnificent view and has their own mini fridge and coffee maker! (which had me as soon as I walked in) They recently renovated the lobby which has a wonderful modern looking breakfast and lunch bistro that are open at all times during the day as well a bar and for those looking to kick back or get their sweat on, there is a 24 hour fitness room as well as a spa and swimming pool. In addition to this there is a wonderful steak house attached to the hotel which provides room service from 5 - 10 pm. The food is very good and is of high quality!.

Besides all of these great things, the main attraction to me is the location. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown halifax close to lovely little pubs and fine dining restaurants. Numerous historic properties and the historic halifax waterfront is just minutes walking distance away.

I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for the perfect halifax experience, whether you are there on business, romantic weekend away or just visiting friends, this is the place to stay! Brillant spot

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JButtbah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Toronto
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and our toddler were in Nova Scotia for a week and stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of our trip. It is a great hotel in an excellent location. They are welcoming to toddlers and provided a crin for our stay. Check in and check out were easy. Parking is valet only but try to get a special that they often offer that includes free parking and a free $25 gas card. We ate at the hotel once - a casual deli type restaurant good for a quick very casual meal. There are plenty of delicious restaurants within walking distance such as McKelvies and the wooden monkey that we would recommend trying. Also a cute cafe just north of the hotel for breakfast whose name escapes me (something with cabin in the name). Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TrueToTravel
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Not a good experience. Much like every other hotel in downtown Halifax, this one is overpriced. Additionally, they charged me the quoted rate for the first night - and then decided to add forty dollars for each additional night on the bill. The receptionist did resolve this, but since they charge the credit card automatically, I wonder how many people don't actually bother looking at their bill, and pay more than they should have. And then, to top it all off, the valet crashed our car when taking it out of their lot. Our very very very tiny car. I strongly suggest staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlackSeaPrincess
Dave P, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Courtyard by Marriott Halifax, we sincerely appreciate all of our guests feedback, and are certainly apologetic our actions have not met your expectations.

Often in hotels rates do change mid stay. I am disappointed to know that during your booking process this was not properly communicated. However, was pleased to find out when you brought to our attention our staff immediately corrected it and the rate was reduced to reflect what you understood it to be.

It was very disappointing to hear that your car was damaged during your stay with us and as discussed we will certainly provide every assistance we can to ensure it is repaired at no cost to you. We take every concern of a guest very seriously, and in this case, immediately made contact with you outlining process of the damaged car. At the time compensation was agreed to and based on your response I understood you were satisfied with it. Seems now this was not the case and am sorry for this.

We are saddened to learn of any damage to your vehicle and the negative effect this could take on your travels. We genuinely enjoyed hosting your family during your travels here in Halifax, and I invite you to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels and take care ~
Ottawa
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at the Courtyard Halifax in mid-July on our honeymoon. The location is exceptional ... just a short walk away from all that Halifax has to offer in terms of the best restaurants, bars and attractions. I have always admired its cute twinkle light outside on previous trips to Halifax, so I was quite excited to actually stay there! The foyer is lovely and the rooms are well maintained. Rooftop terrace was always beautiful. We enjoyed our stay and will certainly be back in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave P, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello cronk89, thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us on your honeymoon this past July.

We're happy you had the opportunity to take in some of the great amenities Halifax has to offer.

very best!
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Check-in was easy. The valet parking was well-managed. The room was clean and comfortable.

Although there was a small restaurant, it was more of a bar during the afternoon/night. We did not eat there. There were several dining options on the pier.

The pier was close and an easy walk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Good day OrangeTaxi, thanks for your nice feedback of us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel located downtown in Halifax. It's appearance would rival a major hotel stateside. The lobby and rooms are very nice. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. I will definitely return again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Good day Mcdjohn, Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. They love this stuff...

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

With hospitality!
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Every time I go to Halifax, I now stay at the Marriot Courtyard. Located right beside the old Alexander Keith's Brewery, and just a few minutes walk from the rest of Downtown Halifax. The staff continuously goes out of their way to help, which is something I expect from hotels in the Maritime Provinces.

Has a small gym and pool.
Free Wifi.
Great breakfast!
Underground parking.
Guests staying at the Marriott Courtyard receive a 15% discount off their order at the Red Stag Pub, located in the Keith's Brewery building next door.

Room Tip: Several third floor rooms have a private balcony, and all rooms have access to the larger balcony on...
Green Features: Env practices are similar to what I would expect from any larger hotel. Towels cleaned if they are not hanging up, etc.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Terry S. thank you for sharing your feedback and points of the area with the trip advisor community.

I think as a maritimer it is in our blood to assist... Often I find myself giving information to people regardless if I am at work or not.

We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly at 902-428-1906
if I can be of any assistance

With hospitality!