Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Breakfast included
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$165
US$141
US$226
  • Pool
The Westin Nova Scotian(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$189
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$123
Agoda.com
US$152
US$147
US$219
1,397 results
All reviewsview of the lakegames roomlakeside grillhotel dogsmall lakehalifax shopping centrepool and hot tubpeggy's covefree parkingshort driveclose to downtownfree breakfasthot breakfastfront desk staffexcellent staynova scotiahotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

OK this is not downtown and not pretty from the front but if you have a car it is a great location and hidden behind the hotel is a lovely lake and the have some drive up units. Breakfast was good for a diabetic. Most of all I was a traveler in distress and profoundly tired. From the time I phoned them from the airport with limited funds to arriving exhausted the bent over backwards to help me. They squeezed myself and my dog into a room I could afford and the desk clerk personally seeing my exhaustion took my bags to my room. This is how all innkeeper's should operate. Bravo I was so impressed I wrote the CEO of BW International a letter of commendation. Oh yes my mother had just died but I never told them that. They saw I was exhausted and in a bind and just helped. By the way the room meant for pets was spotless

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BDGates
ChocolateLakeHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hello BDGates thank your for your kind works, and our sincere condolences on your loss.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for a night , while my wife was on a conference in halifax. The property is on a sweet little lake in a great location within the city. It is pet friendly and their is a chocolate labrador retriever mascot who greets you in the lobby, it is cool to see the staff taking him for walks etc. The rooms are great, facilities, pool, fitness, etc, all top notch for a hotel of this caliber. I like this chain anywhere I travel. Great valu and consistent quality throughout all the hotels. This place has a good restaurant with convenient hours. Staff laid back and friendly, efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald W

Hello Ronald W and thank you for your review. Cocoa looks forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was very clean. Friendly staff. Great amenities. Close to all shopping areas. The view of the lake was amazing to wake up to in the morning and also to watch the sun go down. There was a pool and the breakfast in the morning was amazing with a big selection including freash fruit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello 859ronl and thanks for taking the time to share. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Travelled with my singing group to perform in Halifax. Stayed overnight. Very convenient location with reasonably easy access in and out of town and near our venue but not near downtown/harbour. All our rooms overlooked a lovely lake and were clean and nicely appointed. Very comfortable beds. Check in was very efficient and staff at the desk and restaurant were lovely. We had supper in the restaurant which also overlooked the lake. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and the service was excellent. Parking and a delicious hot breakfast were included. Rooms were quiet but then we seemed to be in a smaller, separate part of the hotel which may have been more quiet anyway. Would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant.

Could have used a little bit larger counter in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Would ask for a lake view. It's lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ChocolateLakeHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hello Gavcol and thank you for choosing Chocolate Lake and for "singing" our praises. Come back soon;-)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I find the cleaniess of this property the reason why I continue to return. The staff are always polite and helpful. I also find that it is nice and quite . It has nice grounds to walk around facing the lake. The kids always enjoy seeing the Coacoa the dog in the lobby, he is so laid back and relaxed. I also find that it is a very easy drive to wherever you may want to go, such as downtown or to the shopping district that is an easy 5 min drive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Bonita324 for continuing to choose Chocolate Lake as your hotel of choice in Halifax. We look forward to welcoming you back.