“A top university”

Dalhousie University
Ranked #51 of 145 things to do in Halifax
Reviewed 12 April 2013

As a double graduate of Dal and having grown up on the adjacent street, I can only say that the university is outstanding. The courses offered are internationally-recognized and the architecture of its old and newer buildings creates an interesting juxtaposition between the 1930s and the present.

1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 7 October 2012

People are warm and welcoming as well as very informative. The surroundings are beautiful. It was a pleasure to be there and meet some of the professors of Dalhousie University.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Dalhousie offers a vast assortment of degrees and diplomas from drama to medicine. It has recently merged with (bought out) smaller colleges nearby that were struggling financially. It is a bohemoth that continues to grow. As a recent graduate from the health professions, graduate studies, and undergraduate life sciences, I can tell you that as a student it is difficult to find your place. The classes are huge and I often felt like I was "just a number." I consider Dal to be a means to an end. They consider themselves to be an ivy-league institution, and that no other in the Maritimes can compare. Having transfered into the life science program I had trouble convincing them that my A's from another College and University were comparable, and that I deserved to have credit for them.

If you're looking at a specific profession where training at Dal is the only option, then fine. If you're looking for a better experience, check elsewhere. In particular, if you're looking for a well-rounded undergraduate experience where you can grow as a person... look around at the smaller schools.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Been there for meetings and events. I wish I had gone to Dal - excellent reputation.

1  Thank YvonneMF
Reviewed 15 July 2012

They have a nice property with lots of old buildings, great to stroll around outside or inside. I might be bias though since I was a student there.