“Great Fresh Local Food Excellently Prepared”

Chives Canadian Bistro
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Blowers and Salter
Description: Casual upscale, farm to table, chef inspired dinning.
Panama City, Panama
“Great Fresh Local Food Excellently Prepared”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place has a good local reputation so we wanted to check it out. Reservations are required. The decore is eclectic and the service friendly and knowledgeable. I had mussels, which most places it the Maritimes are just steamed. These were prepared what I since learned was Basque style with onions, garlic and wine, delicious. For a main I had halibut, again delicious.

Arkona, Canada
“Place is one of the BEST”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here after touring the island of Cape Breton and in Halifax to fly home. Read previous reviews on trip advisor and decided to check it out. Easily one of the best dining experience my wife and I have had.
Chatted with the co-owner who served our meals. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and the food
really is exceptional. I would HIGHLY recommend this place for anyone looking to have a fabulous meal in the great city of Halifax. Safe travels, CHEERS!!
Ps the place gets busy and booked up fast so go early (or late) or make reservations

Dartmouth, Canada
“Another great visit”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Chef Flynn continues to put out some of the best food in the city. Please go and buy his cookbook, very easy to duplicate at home. well written!

Mount Airy, Maryland
“Delish!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The food and service lived up to its reputation. The meal started with fresh biscuits, butter and molasses and was wonderful to the end.

• Visited August 2014
Berwyn, PA
“An Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I dined here in July. We were given a lovely table on the second floor. The menu is somewhat limited in choices but we found enough variety.

Local sourced food is highlighted. Our waitress was very personable and did a fine job. Cocktails were well prepared and the wine list was good.

I had the tartlet which was very good and my wife had the market salad which was just OK. For mains, my wife had the Cod and I had the special (Halibut). Both were excellent.

We passed on dessert. Chives is an excellent choice when dining in Halifax.