“Dirty”

Ranked #367 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed 8 February 2014

When was the last time this place was cleaned or maintained? Like seriously guys a coat of paint would really go a long way here, not to mention the bathrooms are borderline unusable. Great spot for cheap drinks if you want to be around young kids binge drinking and puking everywhere but for a decent experience go elsewhere.

3  Thank Fishy902

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I ate dinner here for a friend's birthday. We were greeted right way and seated. Our waitress was helpful. I ordered the "everything burger" and it was absolutely MASSIVE. Would highly recommend it, one of the best burgers I've ever had. No complaints about this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been to the Argyle on several occasions, each time hoping that it'll be better and each time ending up unhappy with my decision to go. The biggest issue I've noticed is the slow service; servers are slow to greet anyone who has just arrived and take orders, and the food takes an extraordinary amount of time to arrive at the table, regardless of how busy the restaurant is. For the average quality food that this restaurant produces, it's not worth my time or money.

1  Thank miss_celo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had lunch at the Argyle today and was severely disappointed in the food I had. The menu has a lot of options (all very pub style), and I settled on a chicken club sandwich with fries. The chicken was cold, and it was hardly good pub quality (something I could have easily prepared at home). I went with fries for a side, and they were shoestring, frozen french fries flash fried in grease (also cold). They did provide a lot of fries, although I left the vast majority of them on my plate because they weren't very good. I only ate 1/2 of half of the sandwich because it was cold and rather tasteless. I won't go back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Argyle Grill served good food, plenty of it with great service and sitting outdoors on a sunny day made it a perfect spot for lunch. The menu was pretty average but solid. It was really busy but everyone around us seemed to enjoy their lunch as much as we did.