“Go here if you need breakfast in downtown Halifax”

Bluenose 2 Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a nice, inexpensive breakfast here. Pretty standard menu, everything you would expect, no complaints with our food. Convenient location. Would go back if we are in Halifax again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Bluenose was one of the few restaurants open for breakfast on a Saturday in the waterfront area. Our hotel clerk and a person on the street recommended it. Food was pretty average. Seat back between our table and the next was loose and wobbled every time the other person moved -- annoying.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I had breakfast here on last Sunday. Valerie's oatmeal was substantial and in her opinion very tasty. Yours truly had eggs benny with spinach and a salad. Price a tad high for a combo meal. My coffee was awful, to tell the truth and asked server to take it back. Experience here that day won't prevent a return visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a lovely meal of Lobster. We felt the price was excellent and we enjoyed it. The restaurant was full and it also is for families with children. The dessert of rice pudding is excellent. Good old fashioned pudding. Loved it. Would make a point of going there on our next visit to Halifax.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife & I stopped here for lunch before going to see the Tatoo.It was busy,but we got a table pretty quickly.The girl that seated us took our drink order,but she never did bring us our drinks.When our server did take our order,I mentioned that someone else had taken our drink order but didnt deliver them.She did apologise and brought us our drinks.I had the seafood platter and my wife had the fishcakes.The platter was very good,just as good as any seafood restuarant.My wife said the fishcakes were "Different",and a bit tough.I would eat here again,although the initial non-delivery of our dring order was a bit of a turn off,but the food was good and the price was reasonable.