“Great food, Great experience!”

Curry Village Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have been here multiple times and have enjoyed the food every single time. The food tastes great, is authentic and ranges from mildly spicy to very spicy depending on your preference. I would recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Curry Village Restaurant

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This place is centrally located but not in street view. Located just down the street from Pete's Fruitique it's on the second floor amidst a group of businesses which include a salon, spa Chinese restaurant, etc. Look for the signs to get there. The décor is nothing special but it's clean and doesn't stink (you won't leave smelling like curry).

I had 2 dishes, the chicken Tikka and the chicken Korma. Both were delicious. I had a chicken soup to start which was quite good. Both dishes are served with fresh Naan bread but you can ask for rice if you want. Neither of these dishes were spicy hot but full of flavour. If you like your indian food spicy hot there are other dishes on the menu to choose from.

Portions were on the smaller side at $9.95 a piece but I'm not a big fat pig so this was fine with me. They are open Mon-Sat for lunch and everyday for dinner.

Even if you are not a fan of Indian cuisine, the quality of the food hear is better than most Indian restaurants I've tried so give it a chance.

My compliments to the chef and staff.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The first time we came here, the owner served us, amazing food and portions, he even offered my girlfriend a job, sat with us and chatted for a while and gave us free dessert.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

With all the good reviews on Trip Advisor, my wife and I went to Curry Village. The place is really dirty and we should have made a U-turn and left. But we sat down hoping the outdated décor may not have any correlation to the food. Sadly, it does. The server was polite and did not write down our order but that's okay, perhaps she has a keen mind to hold the information. NOT. A few items were missing from the order - mango lassi, and riata. Which we had to ask several times to get, even though there were only a few tables occupied on a Saturday night. We ordered butter chicken (weird tomato taste), chicken vindaloo (boiled chicken in a flavorless but hot sauce), and lamb rogin josh (same tomato taste with the meat being more like goat than lamb). The peas pulao rice was okay and the naan was good. Portions were small - not that you would want more of it but rather pricy. We hardly ate the food as it was just plain awful. This did not taste like authentic Indian food but a fusion with tomato sauce in all the curries - really weird! Overall a bad experience and will never being going back!

4  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 1 September 2013

If you are looking for authentic taste of India with some great service, Curry Village is the place to be! Friendly staff, the owner steps an extra mile to accommodate your dietary requirements. The food is mouth watering, I have tried other places for Indian food in Halifax being an Indian myself! Nothing comes close to the Curry Village. They have a nice patio, I like how nice and vibrant the space is with its beautiful interiors, Indian Royalty all the way! If u need help with the menu ask the server, you might be up for a good surprise!