“Late Night Chow”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Halifax
Ranked #29 of 766 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the restaurant at 9pm after a long day in the Nova Scotia sun. The Keg closed at 10pm so we had to be quick. We ordered drinks and a starter and had our food out to our table by 9:20. Very fast, the food was excellent. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Our server was great, and friendly. I was curious if the shrimps and scallops I had ordered were fresh, since we were on the ocean, but our server confirmed they were from frozen. I was a tad disappointed but all in all a very delicious meal.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived in the afternoon to a steak dinner, ordered then waited about 30 mints for a server as I think it was busy, We were then served and drinks were delivered. we both has steak. It wasnt the best tasting steak, it wasn't butterflied and I found it a little tough. The atmosphere was to dark for my enjoyment and loud. the both was a little off and I found the better place to have steak of any sort was at the Baton Rouge, beside the Marriott Harbour front.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We happened across this restaurant because we were staying across the street at the Prince George Hotel. We had a late dinner and despite the upscale factor of the restaurant, we were able to eat at the bar in our far-from-upscale, travel clothes. The waitstaff were professional, clean, and courteous. We had the steaks which were broiled and cooked to order. Portions were quite generous. You can have an elegant dinner at the tables or you can sit at the bar in more casual attire. There are TV's in the bar (playing close-caption). The prices were what we would expect for a nice steakhouse.

1  Thank JasmineOnTheGo
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I visited the Keg with 11 others for an early dinner. The restaurant was already busy and I understand why! The steak was absolutely brilliant. Seasoned beautifully and cooked to perfection. I could also write several paragraphs about the bread that was served when we sat down... Hot from the oven, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, with soft butter... I could have eaten a whole meal's worth of just bread! A really top quality establishment.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

You can't go wrong with The Keg! The steaks are amazing and the wine list inspiring. Can be expensive at night but the lunch menu is quite affortable.