“Good food! Good service!”

Steak and Stein Family Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was busy but the service was prompt and friendly enough. The medium and medium rare steaks that we ordered appeared in due course. We were hungry so we scoffed them down even though all four were a pleasant shade of light black! Aaach, we are shy Islanders and don't like to make a fuss. Won't be going back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Was very good, we were a group of 7 and treated well , The food was great . The waitress was great with suggestions and attentive too all of us ..

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I had a 14 oz steak at Maxwell's Plum earlier in the week. It was thick and delicious, cooked to perfection and was on special for $8.99, regular $14.99. I had a 12 oz sirloin at S&S for $17 and it was like a sliver of meat compared to my previous steak and not cooked properly. Wouldn't go back. It's way overpriced for what they offer.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a great experience! It was my friend's birthday so we decided to eat here! The food was delicious! The hot chicken sandwich was superb! I recommend getting it open-faced so you can have more flavour. The gravy was great! The refills were fast and constant! I have never had a bad experience Here! Great family restaurant and great place to celebrate a birthday!

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

If you've been to a S&S, you know that the menu focuses on steak and ribs with a spattering of other dishes such as pasta. The food was just average, but the cost was inexpensive. The service was friendly and quick but every time I've been to a S&S, it's been busy so expect a wait if you're there during rush hour.

French Fries were bland so you might want to try a different side.

They always have great specials do be sure to check them out.