“Light sleeper?”

Stories Fine Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Stories Fine Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 736 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Ottawa, Canada
“Light sleeper?”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

If you're a light sleeper, insist on getting a room upstairs. I was on ground floor next to the front door and got woken up several times over my 5 nights stay due to the front door slamming right next to my headboard.
Other than that, nice quaint clean place.
Fantastic breakfast!
Nice helpful staff.
I felt like I had my own apartment in Halifax as opposed to a being in a large faceless chain hotel.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Brenda C

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sumptuous meal in intimate, relaxed surroundings”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Upon my arrival the first evening it was bitterly cold outside so decided to try this restaurant located on the same site as the Halliburton House Inn. The interior of the small dining room, with two rooms allowed me to step back into history. Fortunately, the food was not historic. The menu was small, yet varied, with delicately blended tastes. Appetizers, main courses,and desserts were varied There was a generously sized wine list. Because i have a dairy allergy, the chef accommodated my needs making my dining experience fulfilling in both senses of the word.
When I'm tired after a long day of sightseeing I tend not to venture out to other restaurants as much. I had the pleasure of dining in this establishment more than once.
The waiting persons were attentive, yet not smothering, and all my needs were met.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank cypressgreen
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food in intimate surroundings”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very nice restaurant that was recommended to us by another that was fully booked. It did not disappoint. Nice variety of menu items. All food was perfectly prepared and presented. Wine list was very good. Wait staff was knowledgable and professional. A great place for fine dining in Halifax!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank cdnfamily23
Halifax
“Sweet suprise”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was a truly delicious meal in an intimate heritage house with a very extensive wine list and warm wonderful genuine staff! I had the paper wrapped scallops for an appetizer (and can't wait to come back for it again - it was THE best scallop dish I've ever eaten) and the steak was gorgeous.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank scubashe
Toronto, Canada
“Good but not Great!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This little Inn has the potential to be so much more than it is. The rooms are nice but the layout of the bathroom is so frustrating that it makes it impossible to get ready in the morning.
I think the rooms are getting tired and need to be redecorated to keep it fresh.

Visited May 2012