“Great organic food that non organic people can eat and enjoy too!”
Review of The Wooden Monkey

The Wooden Monkey
Ranked #11 of 760 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have food intolerances so for me eating at the Wooden Monkey is a great experience. My husband doesn't have food intolerances or stomach problems but he absolutely loved the food also. Cool vibe, nice location, great food.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and it didn't seem that expensive (maybe a lunch menu or maybe the prices have gone up). I had an $18 salad with mostly greens and four medium-sized scallops. It tasted great but that is just too much money to spend for a salad. I figured that I would be getting a generous portion of scallops for that price, but that was not the case.

Dessert was $9.50 and that, again, was too pricey. Everything tasted good but I couldn't get past the price. Service was very good.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We dropped in and had 4 different dishes seafood chowder, monkey pita, haddock with a flair , and blueberry pie. They were really good. The waiter person was quite awesome. Asher is very energetic, helpful and a pleasure to have as a server. Atleast 8 stars.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stopped in here recently for work with a co-worker. Nice location; lots of seating .. I wasn't sure what to expect based on the inside setting but it was a very good dinner.
Service was efficient and professional. Nice menu; lots of options and the waiter was great at explaining all the local options.
We both just ordered dinner; I had the Haddock with was quite good. My co-worker had the chowder which was more like mussels in a broth, but he said it was also very good.
The dinner was better than I expected; total bill for 2 dinners and 1 drink each after tip/tax was $58.
Overall very nice, and I would consider coming again if I was ever in town.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Wooden Monkey's a bit pricey for a quick lunch, which is a shame because the Halifax location is ideal. However, the menu offers great choices and the food's terrific.