“Outstanding Welcome and great food”
Review of Morris East

Morris East
Ranked #46 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Unique and delicious wood fired pizza served in a warm and cozy environment. Choose from a variety of mouth watering toppings not found elsewhere or even vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Morris East is an intimate and informal restaurant with a team of young servers who know how to make diners very welcome and make a special effort to make dining here out of the ordinary. Kitchen staff obviously know their stuff as well.Good quality food, popular with locals, cheerful atmosphere. We enjoyed both a lunch and a dinner, both excellent.

2  Thank Jan D

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wait staff was great, a real team. One girl brought a drink to my husband, never even looked or acknowledged me. She precedes to ask for his business card to sign up for their news letter and then asks for his email since he didn't have one on him. And made a special trip back.
Now if it is her job to get subscriptions to the newsletter, don't you think you'd inquire to all parties if they'd be interested.
Kind of strange, it felt very much like she was hitting on him.

1  Thank I-hate-name-picking
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a gem of a place. It's small, intimate and a bit loud depending on the other clientele. We enjoyed very tasty Chicken Enchilada Pizza with a few drinks. The service was outstanding. I'm look forward to returning next time I'm in Halifax.

2  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The new Bedford location is a great space, nice and airy and lots of room (unlike the original Morris East location). We were a large party that was in and out quickly. My partner and I shared the pea proscuitto risotto which was fantastic and I would happily order it as a double-portion for a main. We also shared the Three Mongers pizza with 2 sausages and prosciutto, which was good but could have been spicier and wish it had more meat (we prefer the tutto carne pizza at Salvatores). Party seemed to enjoy everything, and I always enjoy ending my meal with their salted caramel tart. The waitress got our pizza order wrong but brought the correct pizza out within 10 minutes. Service was fast and attentive (although we ate early at 5 pm and were one of a few tables).

2  Thank swim_bunny2012
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were very disappointed with their gluten free pizza. The crust was so hard you needed a steak knife to carve it up. My first and last time at Morris East.

1  Thank Codkicker