“Good Lunch Menu”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #172 of 738 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
“Good Lunch Menu”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Last Saturday we stopped in to ESM for the first time in a couple of years, we were quickly seated and menus brought. The reason that we had not been there for some time was the limited lunch menu, but they now have quite a variety of lunch offerings. My husband had one of their burgers with soup as a side, I had a chicken pasta dish with salad as my side. Our food came in a reasonable length of time and was very good, it was hot and very flavouful. As bread is considered one of the sides, we did order one as an extra as they don't serve crackers or a roll with the soup. The restaurant on a whole could use a bit of updating and the music is loud, other than that we were very satisfied.

• Visited June 2013

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“shabby and half hearted”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

very ordinary food and not cheap either. Slow service. noisy with no real atmosphere. It used to be good but not now.

Visited February 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
“Good Food slow service”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Went on a Sunday afternoon we got our table and order done less than 15 minutes but it took 45 minutes to get our food .The food was great the dish I had the seafood pasta was great . The ceasar salad tasted good enough I asked for seconds . The place is noisy and located in Bayers Lake where traffic is a problem

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getting Worse!!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife and I went for dinner was crowed the system for seating is very poor. We had to wait a long time.( I spent many years in the food service industry and worked my way up from the floor/kitchen to management.) When we did get seated my first 2 selections of beer they didn't have- next when it came time to order our meal they didn't have the main course I ordered.The whole experience was a nightmare. I do not blame the staff but this location has management problems and needs a Gordon Ramsay to kick some butt.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rick C
Halifax, Canada
“OK food, not from scratch, service can be hit or miss”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Have been to ESM in Bayers Lake a few times. Sometimes its great, other times the service is lacking. Maybe depends on the day, or the quick staff rotation. When you get in the offer all you can eat garlic bread and soup or salad to tide you over while your food is prepared. Sometimes the server is on the ball and will refill your salad your salad and ask if you want another, the LAST time I was there i got ONE garlic bread and ONE salad. The server never came back to check on me. I flagged down another server and asked if I could get more bread, they never returned? My main course was finally brought out by yet another server, I asked them if I could get more bread and it wasnt brought out till I was half done my meal. I have tried a few things on the menu. The pictures make the portions look large, but they are small, guess they want you to fill up on the bread! i have been getting the same thing lately because the other things I tried were disappointing. Hope this was helpful!!

Visited October 2012