“The fantastic Thursday”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Villa San Giovanni, Italy
“The fantastic Thursday”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We got there on thursday and took some fantastic rare steak at a minimum price!! It's really nice to try also because it has a huge selection of beer, even imported!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hugehugo999

Surrey, Canada
“Regular Stop”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Maxwell's Plum became a regular stop for us during our week in Halifax. The atmosphere is good, waitresses are friendly and the music is not so loud you need to shout to be heard. They have a great selection of beers and ciders. We also took advantage of the daily meal specials and always found everything to be delicious.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank 2fromBC
Halifax, Canada
“Amazing yet Disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

As a long time fan and customer of Maxwell's I am writing this review with a bit of trepidation. I love this place. The food is amazing, location fantastic and it's a "destination" spot I take family and friends when they visit Nova Scotia. UNFORTUNATELY the last couple visits has caused me to reconsider my love of Maxwell's Plum.

The service has been horrendous! Slow, disinterested and excuse filled wait staff. I don't know if it's a staffing issue, training or what, but this may be my last visit for a while.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Greenman1867
Halifax, Canada
“Wide range of local beer”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my second visit to Maxwell's Plum, but my first review of the pub. I enjoy going here to try some of the many different local beers they have available. Their food menu is small and inexpensive but tastes good.

They have other beverage offerings, of course, but this is a must for anyone who likes beer.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AuroraLee1013
Fox Point, Wisconsin
“Great Place”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Food was very good. I would return if I were in the city again. I kept wanting to go back until my wife said we had been there too many times.

Visited May 2013