“Recommended by 3 locals, was not disappointed”
Review of Mezza - CLOSED

Mezza
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

In town for a conference and was asking locals where to eat. All of them mentioned this place so we walked up Barrington St. to check it out. We likely would've walked right past were it not for the recommendations. I'm glad we went in. I ordered the combo plate and my colleague ordered their signature chicken shawarma wrap. Both were priced reasonably and were enough food for a meal.

The combo plate was huge with rice, hummus, garlic sauce, pita, tabouleh, skewer chicken and shawarma chicken, plus pickles.

The food was delicious and so fresh. I wish I could've finished everything on my plate but it was too much.

Staff were fantastic and very friendly. We forgot a camera bag with a DSLR beside our table and didn't realize we had done so until 2 hours later. We phoned and they were lovely. They requested we confirm the contents of the bag as a measure of security and then we had it back. Really lovely people and incredible fresh, delicious food.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Locked up in hotel due to snow storm ordered in from Mezza as we usually do when in Halifax, there isnt anything that isnt absolutely full of flavor and super fresh. Salads are amazing and be sure to get an extra side of garlic sauce, if I had a bucket of that stuff I'd think I had died and gone to garlic heaven. delivery super fast!!!

1  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had the falafel, lamb kabob, and mushroom pasta and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The menu is almost all Lebanese food so don't come if you are expecting a cheeseburger or chicken fingers. But they do have a great variety of Lebanese dishes.

It as not busy at all on a Friday night and service was excellent. The restaurant is tastefully decorated. It is located on Quinpool Road, very close to the Oxford Theatre.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

First time visiting this restaurant and will not be the last! Great food, great service, lovely atmosphere. Everything was tasty and fresh and the portions are VERY generous. Had a combo for two ($19.95) and it was almost more than two could eat. So glad my niece lives just around the corner! YAY!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is for the Barrington St location. The food was alright, had the chicken shawarma which is their signature item. Good but had better elsewhere with less crunchy burnt pieces of chicken, and more chicken for that matter. The restaurant itself was gross, very dirty with every table having garbage on it. Staff were not great either, the guy that waited on us looked lost and didn't seem to know what he was doing. It was strange. Staff yelled back and forth to each other. The music was blaring and it was not even late. When I finally seen them clean up because more people were coming in the guy didn't use any cleaner and wiped things onto the floor with the same dirty rag. The guy making our food was wiping at his nose. Then when we went to pay for our food that is when they finally tell us the debit machine is down and to use the bank machine there which charges a fee. For $30 definitely not worth it, won't be back and would recommend Tareks over this place.