“A taste of home”

Ranked #124 of 736 Restaurants in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“A taste of home”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having been in Halifax for 10months (moved from nNrthern Ireland) we have been searching for a taste of home since we arrived and only wish we had tried this place sooner. My husband and I ordered the 2 piece fish and chips each and we could not finish all of it. The fish was a mild flavor which suited me with a light crispy batter. The chips where frshly fried and cut from real potaoes, none of the frozen fries we seem to encounter everywhere we go. My daughter had the childrens burger which was a real meat/butchers burger and she too got a huge portion of chips with it. We had a tub of curry sauce which was TO DIE FOR up until now I was convinced nowhere in Halifax could do a good spicy curry chip. Would def recommend this restaurant especially if you are from the UK

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Eileen R

Bridgewater, Canada
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Fries & Co in Halifax, Nova Scotia is just as the title says a hidden gem! Its the perfect little restaurant for anytime of the day! The food is delicious and the staff very kind. Personally I don't believe the outside of the restaurant does it justice... The price is crazy for how cheap it is but the food is worth every cent!

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Good old-fashioned fish and chips”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The food is traditional style fish and chip shop fare. Very modest place, but I have never had a bad meal and I love fish and chips and am fussy about how they should be. Here the fish is fresh, the chips made from fresh potatoes.

Visited November 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

the food was great very tasty well presented the staff was friendly and very polite the restaurant was very clean and I would be very proud to take and or recommend this eatery to my family and friends

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the Place it used to be”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

There has been a change of ownership of this place and it shows in the food. The fish and chips I had were not good. Fish was dry and overcooked to the point of tasteless. Not recommended by me anymore.

Visited August 2012