“Delicious”

Ranked #494 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I always stop here every time I visit Halifax. I love Lebanese food, and this is some of the tastiest I've ever had. My favorite is the veggie plate. I'm not even a vegetarian and I love it! So, so good. The falafels and the tabouli are incredibly delicious. Give this place a try!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years. We have always enjoyed the food very much. My husband always has the Donair wrap and I have a variety of things.
Falafel wrap, Chicken Schwarma, Chicken Souvlaki and more. Never, ever disappointed with the food. or service. Always excellent until it changed hands.
However, since it is now Mezza the food remains excellent, but service leaves a lot to be desired at times. They have a woman who works there and beware and have time on your hands when she takes your order. She takes 2-3-4 + orders at a time and we have waited up to 10+ minutes and then reminded her we were still waiting. Her response is always rude.
Last week we had a new cook/server who was very pleasant, the other woman was till there. So just be for warned.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Dropped in for a quick lunch. Ordered the small donair and the small chicken shawarma. Both were very tasty. Restaurant is now "Mezza".

Reviewed 25 January 2014

As mentioned in the previous review, this restaurant recently had undergone a large-scale renovation and is hardly recognizable from its former state. It is quite clean and well-maintained now. Moreover, their tradition of tasty pizza is still going strong. The donairs are some of the best in the city: not too much or too little sauce, and donair meat is hot and moist. The schwarmas are also pretty good. Service is efficient and delivery is usually quite timely.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Major reno has been completed, and Venus, is now "Mezza," like the rest of the family owned group of outlets. Prior comments about the state of cleanliness were justifiable, but everything is now spotless. Late night mayhem was always a good time, despite the Bowery state of affairs.

Arguably the best chicken shwarma in Halifax, it's layered and properly charred up on the spit. The dips and salads are scratch made, and a excellent. Fresh, bright tabouli, garlicky hummus. Very tasty, sharp little pickle chips, are a personal favourite.

Try the "Chicken Shwarma Plate." Its a tussle.

Other menu items are good also. Solid donair and well composed, Halifax style pizza are on point.

Great value, too.