Well it started from the moment of check in. Requested an early check in (2:00pm) which we knew was not a guarantee however was told a note was on the profile. We arrived at 2,the room was not ready and was told to come back at 3pm. We had 2 dogs so got them out of the hot car and sat outside our room for an hour with no sign of cleaning staff. Checked back in at 3pm room is still not ready so asked for another. When we went to the room there was a staffer there so asked if the first room had been cleaned she said yes. There had been no one go into that room for at least an hour so was always ready but the front desk was not aware. Went back to get original room. At that point we asked about dinner and was told to make reservations, asked for 6:00pm and was told the earliest was 7:30.....two teenagers good thing for lots of snacks! Went to dinner for 7:30pm .....now food was very good however did not get our food until 9:00pm. Crazy! Earlier we had asked if room service was available thinking we would have received food before 7:30 but was told you can order for 6pm but won't receive it until 7:30pm. It gets better , tried to order mussels and was told they were out due to a wedding the day before, ordered a corona and was told the same. This was repeated the next day as well. Now this was a long weekend and perhaps they had several weddings booked but poor planning to the extreme. Day 2 presented another set of frustrations. A wedding took place directly outside our door, fine we can accomodate that but when the reception moved even closer to our door it became a bit uncomfortable and frustrating. We proceeded to go to the bar to have a cocktail to allow the wedding party to move to their reception room and give us our space back. Surprise....the bar was not opened but the dining room receptionist tried to assist. No rum and no corona again. Had something else and water, returned to our room to find people sitting on our doorstep from the wedding. Crazy. No staff around supervising at all. You would think staff would have directed people to the reception but instead we see drinks and food being served (not to us mind you). Finally we put the dogs out in hopes of moving the party along. Have to say the beach was great and the water warm. Thank heavens we had beautiful weather otherwise I think we would have left. Nick at the front desk was great but his supervisor was not. Dorothy did everything to avoid serving us from the start and offered no help just excuses. Upon check out we were not asked how our stay was which was probably to their advantage as they would have received an earful! I will not return and suggest you take some pointers from the staff and management of White Point as they know what they are doing and how to make an unforgettable experience ! The only thing Pictou Lodge has is the view and this was created by Mother Nature not management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nova Scotia Beach Resort - Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort Atlantic Canada Premier Vacation DestinationPictou Lodge Resort, Nova Scotia is just minutes from both Pictou, home of the Ship Hector, and the PEI ferry. Our Nova Scotia oceanside resort features log cottages, private beaches and natural family recreation activities. Experience renowned Taste of Nova Scotia seafood dining and a famous Sunday brunch in our fireside dining room and Oceanview Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pictou Lodge Beachfront Hotel Pictou
- Pictou Hotel
- Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort Nova Scotia