Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort
US$128
US$125
Tara Inn(New Glasgow)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnorthumberland straitdining roompaddle boatsfire pitnova scotiamusselsbeautiful locationexecutive chaletwedding receptionqueen suiteadirondack chairsprivate beachthree bedroomfamily vacationmotel stylegames roomspent nights here
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We stayed in one of the Executive cottages which were beautiful, spacious and tastefully decorated. The view from the cottage was wonderful. I loved going for walks in the area. The property itself has a lot of history and there were great old pictures showcasing that history.
We had brunch in the beautiful old lodge. We sat near a big old fireplace with a great view of the water and the food was delicious. I'm looking forward to going back (I've already booked for the spring) and when I do I'll also try their dinner menu.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2010

What a time, my wife and I spent New Years at the Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort. Fabulous atmosphere and dining. The entertainment was great and we will spend our New Years there for many years to come.

I would like to thank the staff for the service they provided as their professionalism was nothing that we have seen in a long time

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Just stayed with 3 friends in a chalet for a night. Absolutely loved everything about it. Exceptionally clean accomodations with lovely decor and all the luxuries of home, including flat screen TV's in every room - even one in the large master bathroom with a jacuzzi tub which was a nice added feature. Beautiful grounds with a gorgeous ocean view from everywhere. Love the upper level in the chalets - an area with 2 large leather chairs and an ottoman by a window with the ocean view - very relaxing atmosphere. Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Had brunch in the dining room. Sat by the large windows overlooking the ocean and the fireplace behind us - could have sat there all day! The food was excellent and lots of variety. The entertainer was a real bonus during our brunch. Will definitely be going back again and making this an annual tradition.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My family and I stayed there again in September 2009 and have booked same time in 2010. This is becoming a family tradition that they we all look forward to each year at the end of summer
An absolutely great place to relax. For my son's there is so much to do that they go to bed exhausted each day.
While there we stayed in the Executive Suites, they are very clean and exceptionally well maintained. They offer all the luxuries of home with a great decor.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank vikingml
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My wife and I were looking for a relaxing getaway weekend and friends recommended the Pictou Lodge Resort. What a pleasant surprise. Its only two hours from Halifax on the Northumberland Strait. We booked a one bedroom Queen Suite and were pleased with the comfort and warmth of the natural cedar and pine decor. Very relaxing. The view from our front deck of the ocean was spectacular and there were plenty of wide open spaces, beaches and trails for a nice walk, or we could just sit in a comfortable chair on the bluff overlooking the water. Whether it was a wonderful seafood evening dinner in the main dining room comprised of mussels and a planked salmon or blueberry pancakes for breakfast in the Rotunda, we found the food delicious and the service prompt and friendly. We definately intend to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple