“Great Breakfast”

Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small, licensed, family run cafe. We try to use local products whenever possible, and are open for breakfast and lunch year round. We carry gluten free products and all our soups, chowders and dressings are homemade and gluten free. Because we start from scratch, we can accommodate special dietary needs.
Annandale, Virginia
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a small lay back Café. We stopped there for breakfast, after a recommendation from where we stayed. They serve great food at a reasonable price. The day we were there was homemade donut day! Don't miss this place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mymats

Calgary, Canada
“Great spot to off the highway”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped by here for breakfast on our way to cape Breton. Had the lobster skillet (lots of lobster!) for breakfast, very tasty. Service is friendly, quick and efficient. Sit on the back patio for a lovely water view. Would return and definitely recommend. Also is a place that is accomodating of larger groups and young kids. Nice little spot!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank ToriMacLean
Calgary, Canada
“So accommodating”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stopped in here on our first day in Pictou county for a light lunch. We had just missed the lunch rush and it was one of those funny happenstance when everything you order they are out of. The staff tried so hard and very successfully to make up substitutions for us.
Cute little cafe to eat and I am sure if they had sold out of most of their lunch menu that day the food must be amazing!
Thank you to the staff for being so friendly and accommodating!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maxx B
Pictou, Canada
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister, elderly Mom and myself enjoyed the Stone Soup Café last week. I have taken my Mother there a few times and thought I would bring my sister as she was in town for the day. As always, the food was delicious. We were seated and brought menus as soon as we arrived. I am sure that they take extra care for the elderly which is very appreciated. The menu is diverse and has something for everyone. I am gluten free and they always have bread or buns available so I don't have to eat my burger or sandwich without. The staff are very knowledgeable about gluten free and let you know if you are ordering something that may contain gluten. Prices are good and the food and service are always perfect. One of our faves.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank thesusieq
Pictou, Canada
“Quaint Cafe with delicious food and great service!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I are residents who frequent this lovely gem of a restaurant. We usually have the eggs benedict, which is delicious...and their coffee is organic, and is also delicious. We always feel at home, with the friendly attention and conversation that we receive from the owners. We always enjoy our Sunday brunch at the Stone Soup Cafe! I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for delicious, home-cooked, and even specialty food. There is something for everyone on the menu!

• Visited November 2013