“Over priced average food”

The Lobster Bar Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Pictou
Cuisines: Seafood
Musquodoboit Harbour, Canada
“Over priced average food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Two lobster rolls. One with salad and the other just coleslaw. Two beers. $68.00. SERIOUSLY
Will not be returning.

2 Thank BLW61

Halifax, Canada
“Could be better...”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just want to begin by saying that seafood places like this could do so well in Pictou as there is not a lot to choose from and especially during tourist season they could really shine however every restaurant that seems to pop up in Pictou just doesn't seem to give it 100%.
I went here over the weekend with my boyfriend and a friend and this was our first time here. It was lobster carnival weekend so I expected it to be busy. It was, but not really any busier then a restaurant should be, and there were not any long lines up or anything to get in. It seemed like there was some disorganization for sure, and not enough wait staff. We did ok as we only waited about 10 minutes before getting menus and then another 5 to get drinks and then about another 15 to get our food. I saw others that waited about 30 minutes to even get menus or a drink. Many people even got up and left. I do not feel that there is a need for this, it could be done better. I have been to many busy restaurants in many different places that do not have this happen and they are places that always seem to draw a crowd however maybe its just that the restaurants in smaller towns are not used to any kind of crowd so when it happens they cannot handle it, not sure. The owners also have to plan for busy times and make sure there is enough staff to handle it, common sense.
The food itself was not bad. The menu looked to be condensed for the lobster carnival as there was not much to choose from. My boyfriend had the fish and chips and he said it was good but the pieces of fish were quite small, my friend had just a cheeseburger and caesar salad and he said the burger did not taste very fresh. I just had an order of fries, and you really can't go too wrong with fries. I also had a couple of caesar's to drink and they were pretty good.
Overall I don't think I would hurry back here, again I think they could do really well if they enhanced their service and the quality of the food a bit, as it is a great location with a nice outdoor patio. Just don't rely on the patio to bring the customers if the other areas are not up to par.

1 Thank JustTravelling4
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dreadful Service - ok food.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Took my family of four out to celebrate my husbands birthday. Server was initially prompt to attending our table and bringing water, but that was where it ended. A table of four came in after us, ordered and received drinks before our order was even taken. Half an hour later we still had no food. Eventually the server came out carrying our entrees and whispered -yes, whispered - that the kitchen screwed up and cooked our apps with our entrees - disappointing, but we were willing to just take whatever food at this point. She left our entrees and then disappeared. No ordered apps in sight! So, eventually, when we were about 1/2 way through our entrees the chicken wings were brought to the table, but she had to go back for sauce - forgot what we asked for. We finished our meals - no water refills, no smile, no "hi!, my name is....", no check-in (except for a brief, "everything ok' as she sailed by). We waited and waited to see if anyone was going to take our plates, offer us dessert or coffee...or water...bring our bill. Nothing. So I got up and left with the kids and my husband went to the bar to pay the bill. First time in my life I have not tipped. We went to another local establishment with great food and service for dessert! The Lobster Bar was not busy - nf fact, there were empty table around us on the patio! The food - meh. Burnt burger and over-battered fish and chips. We are locals. This is the second time we had a crappy experience here - likely the last time we put money into an establishment where servers treat customers with complete disregard and apparently dishonesty. Hugely disappointed.

1 Thank LocalMom2014
Halifax, Canada
“Good but way over priced!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

One order of deep-fried scallops with fries and one large beer $32.00 before tip!! Talk about ripping off the tourists and locals. Food was, service nice but there is no way one can justify those prices. View could be nice but it is replaced by a stinky polluting pulp mill across the harbour. Not the way to endear yourself to the few tourists around!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cigauc
Kissimmee, Florida
“Nice location on the water”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We both had lobster rolls and fries. It was a good amount of lobster but wish the fries were handcut/homemade to liven the plate up a little. Nice view of the tall ship and the water. Located on the waterfront of the town.

• Visited June 2014