“Beautiful setting for a special dining experience”

Piper's Landing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Pictou
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
New Glasgow, Canada
“Beautiful setting for a special dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Mat and Brenda Vohs have owned and run this restaurant for many years in lovely Lyons Brook, Pictou Co.They are wonderful hosts and will give you a fine meal in a wonderful country waterfront setting . The food is very good and the ambiance is as well. Special notice and pictures are taken and given to you if it is a special occasion as a memento. They specialize in seafood and offer special "house' salads and appetizers.My favourites are the Piper's salad and the Spinach salad...almost meals in themselves. The lobster stuffed mushrooms are fabulous! Believe me, you won't go home hungry! Highly recommend a visit! and a return!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Barbara B

Saint John, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW FACTOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I had the Lobster stuffed mushrooms and we split a sirloin steak dinner. The lobster stuffed mushrooms had to be a whole lobster in there. I was almost full when I finished that - it was sooooo good. Then the steak dinner came out. Every bite was so mouth watering. I loved the candied turnips and carrots and the roasted potatoes were delicious - but the best was the steak. Ohhhh YUM. that was delicious.

OMG -the food is totally awesome here.

Keep in mind, this is NOT a fast food restaurant. You have to wait for a little while - but the wait is so totally worth it.

The food here is prepared by an experienced chef who will create a meal that is both very pleasing to the eye as well as the taste buds. We enjoyed our visit here. Matt (chef extrodinaire) came out to chat with us. I was very impressed that he would take the time to come out and personally meet his customers. I would highly recommend this dining experience as one of the BEST I have had in a very long time. I will surely stop in here again on my way through.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Irene H
Nova Scotia
“Always Enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Love the place, the food and the view. It's all good! The seafood is the best available for many, many miles.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth M
NB
“A memorable birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

My husband and I "dined" in style here on the occasion of my landmark birthday and had wonderful service and a delicious meal. We were even given a nice birthday photo which was unexpected and one which I value because I don't always like to be the center of attention! It all made my trip back to Pictou after 35 years, very memorable and will be a factor in my return to the area! Thanks very much!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank 2travellerssometimes
New Glasgow
“Service far too slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Went here with my wife for anniversary meal, with dinner reservations.
We arrived on time, were seated.
While the restaurant was fairly busy it took 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time we ordered for main course to arrive. No excuse for this happening- just plain and simple terrible service.
During this time we were left to wait. Not offered an appology for the lack service, in fact largely ignored other than being asked if we might want some bread. I suggested several times that we should just walk out- my wife didn't want to appear rude.
This is not the first time we've been to this restaurant- and my wife used to tell others how fantastic the food there was. Our anniversary is coming up again in a month or so and there is no way we will be returning to Pipers Landing.
When the bill was presented there was no appology for the long wait certainly no discount off the charges in an attempt to make up for this. Apparently the oweners are so arrogant they feel it is acceptable to have people sit for hours in their establishment waiting to be served. I can assure that it is not worth the wait. We are never going back.

• Visited July 2011