“Best Family Tome”
Review of Calypso Water Park

Calypso Water Park
Ranked #254 of 4,174 things to do in Ontario
More attraction details
Owner description: About 22 miles / 35 km east of Ottawa Ontario.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family spent a day here and had a great time. The new Congo Exhibition is a blast. Everyone had so much fun. You can tell that a lot of planning went into the making of the park. Food was not the best, but it is not at any park. Though there are lots of picnic tables all around the park. The wave pool is probably the best one we have have ever been in. There are many different programmes and you never know what kind of waves you will experience. Sometimes there are lineups for the slides and such, but they seem to clear quick enough. My family and I spent the whole day there. We were never bored, or dry. Lol. Totally recommend the park for a great family experience.

1  Thank iamtabby13

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Took my son here and he had a blast. I love the wave pool , it's got the biggest waves I have ever seen in a pool! The rides are good, the lines get long in the afternoon so get there at 10 when they open and hit your fav rides first.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We, Mom, 11 and 8 year old boys, live in Ottawa and had gone once a year for the last couple of years, but decided to buy season passes this year, including parking pass. It was great. Calypso was perfect for summer sun and water play. In total, we went 4 or 5 times, always on the weekend.

Helpful advice:
-go early if you can, we normally arrived just as the gates opened and other than the first time when we had to get our photos taken, we were able to go through the security pretty quickly.

-showed up in your bathing suits and sunscreen already applied.

-once inside, pick a “home base” to drop your stuff; they offer lots and lots of picnic tables with umbrellas or lounge chairs. I felt safe enough leaving our towels, food and bags, but no valuables or electronics; left those in the car

-you can bring food and non-alcoholic drinks with you, I normally did this and then just offered the boys a treat or ice cream from the park.

-do the slides and rides with line-ups first since the wait times get long as the day goes on and the kids’ play area, wave pool and rivers can handle the crowds.

-on several occasions the staff seemed friendly, but clueless about customer service. I’m sure this is the first summer job for most of these kids and it shows. There was no “hussle” in any of them to act energetically or provide rapid service.

-just past the entrance we often stopped to get my youngest a life jacket. Remember to bring a piece of ID or $40 for a deposit.

-take something to read while lying in the sun recovering from the slides and wave pool.

Go with the right expectations and have fun. My boys had a blast all summer. I highly recommend the season pass and will likely do it again next summer. There was no pressure to stay all day to get our moneys worth and we could arrive later in the day if we had something else in the morning.

Sad that the summer has come to an end and the park is now closed. I was hoping it would be open at least on the weekend for a while longer, oh well.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We loved it, there are many rides for all family members, the park is very clean ! Love the MONEY AT MY FINGER TIPS, its free and wonderfull to use ! The only complaint i have to say is that 5 out of 120 life gaurds should not be working !! We will be going again for sure !!!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Calypso Water Park was amazing, lots for all of the kids to do, young and old. Plenty of slides and the wave pool was cool. Lots of food and drink and reasonably priced. Had a blast.

2  Thank Larry S