“Complete serenity”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ontario
Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water
Ranked #226 of 1,225 Speciality Lodging in Ontario
Guelph, Canada
“Complete serenity”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I just returned from my annual long weekend in Maple Ki. I've been going with my girlfriends for the past 3 years and each trip gets better! Early autumn is my favourite time to go, when the leaves are a gorgeous colour and you can take advantage of the lovely hikes around the property. I look forward to my stay every year. Julianna, Mary and Donna are three of the sweetest women you'll meet and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. The food is absolutely amazing, and even carnivores will not miss their meat! I really enjoy the yoga, but there are also other great activities. I've loved swimming in the lake (even in October!), kayaking and canoeing, stargazing in the evenings, and cozying up by the fire with a good book or good company. Also, do not give one of Julianna's infamous Shiatsu massages a miss! A getaway here definately nourishes body, mind and spirit. Maple Ki comes with my highest recommendation. Edith Townsend, Toronto & Guelph

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edith T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Such a beautiful place! I needed a couple of days away from my stressful job and left feeling more revived than I thought I would.

The food was beautifully prepared with care. The food was not only delicious but very healthy and satisfying.

Everyone (staff and other guests) were extremely friendly and quiet. Everyone was free to just "do your own thing". You can relax outside, go hiking, kayaking, see some pretty rapids and the most gorgeous view of the entire area from the top of one of the hiking trails.

The yoga was just what I needed and was tailored exactly to my needs. The meditations and spiritual aspect of the entire place was just fantastic.

There is a great library with several books to spark your interest in new/old topics.

The amenities such as sauna and massage are also worth it.

Just beautiful. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Guelph
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Maple-ki Retreat Centre provided just the haven I needed to re-group and get ready for the busy work year ahead. Tough choices: Drifting in the shady hammock or lazing on the sunny dock; choosing between a quiet kayak or clambering up boulders on the gorgeous hiking trails on the property; sourdough or walnut bread; cherry jam or almond butter...

Made new friends around the dining room table; lots of great conversation with the other guests. Julianna and her mother Mary were very welcoming. The veggie meals were tasty and appealing and prepared with both skill and caring. The house was comfortable and well taken care of and very clean.

The small lake spilling into the Salmon river was a gorgeous setting; make even more special by the appearance of a loon, a bald eagle, a great blue heron; the constant thrum of hummingbirds by day and the twinkle of fireflies at night. Will definitely go back for more relaxation and recuperation on future visits!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ALupnorth
Venise-en-Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had a wonderfull experience first with my husband then with my sister. I stayed four days in this quiet and peaceful place which help me to experience the present moment. Juliana and Mary were very nice to us and we had very interesting conversations at table.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginette V
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our goal was to find a peaceful place where we could rest, feel comfortable, and be well nourished. We were not disappointed. From the moment we stepped into the Maple Ki retreat, we felt like we came to visit our family. We received a very warm greeting and hugs from Julianna and Mary.
The accommodation at Maple Ki is located at a serene and pristine lake. The view from the spacious deck is breathtaking, the air pure and energizing. We were very impressed with the house itself. It is beautifully furnished, tastefully decorated and very clean. The rooms are lovely and inviting. The ambiance of the house is uplifting.
We had five meals there. They were all delicious, made with the freshest ingredients, nourishing, and beautifully presented. Julianna and Maria are wonderful cooks.
We had two yoga classes which we enjoyed a lot. Julianna is a very gifted teacher, patient and kind. She is also an amazing shiatsu therapist and a great reflexologist. After the session we felt peaceful, grounded, relaxed, and rejuvenated.
We hiked, swam, went on a paddle boat ride, and read inspiring books from the house library. We wish we could stay longer and explore more of what the retreat has to offer.
We had a fabulous time and we returned home well rested and recharged. It was a wonderful experience for both of us, and we recommend it to everyone who wants to be close to nature, and feel inspired. We are blessed that the Divine brought us to Maple Ki, and let us spend sweet moments with the two amazing women, Julianna and Mary.
Anna and Ursula

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna S
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Everything about Maple Ki is excellent. The fantastic vegetarian food, the beautiful peaceful setting and the comfortable accommodations made the stay very healthful and restful. There is lots to do, yoga, kayaking, canoeing, hiking or reading and relaxing. Also, we thoroughly enjoyed the massages. We stayed four nights and plan to return again. Julianna and Mary made sure that our stay was one to remember.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 95Andy95
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I visited Maple Ki for the first time in August 2012 and stayed for three nights. I needed a place to just shut down my brain and relax my body. Booking my stay at Maple Ki was so easy. The accommodations are fantastic and very comfortable. The property is large with many hiking trails, a beautiful lake to explore and various spots to just sit, read and take in the serenity that surrounds you.

The vegetarian meals are absolutely fantastic.

They offer spa treatments and morning Yoga (in a beautiful studio or outside by the water if the weather permits)

I recommend to anyone looking to decompress, relax, and get away from the city to visit Maple Ki and rest assured that Julianna and Mary will welcome you with a warm heart and open arms.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo