“Do not stay here. Pitch a tent by the side of the road. Sleep in your car. Keep driving.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Barr's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barrie
Barr's Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Lady at the front desk is very nice, but she is fighting a losing battle. This place looks like it hasn't been touched since 1965. The other people that are staying at this place are positively scary. When I went into my room a bunch of people were staring at me sitting in the chairs in the front of their rooms, okay, I know what you get you pay for, I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal when I booked into this hotel. That being said my experience at this place was positively frightening. I was awakened at 4 AM buy some loogan and pounding on the door of the room next to me begging for his crackhead girlfriend to let him back in.I wanted to leave the place the and there but the Lugin was outside and I didn't want to cross his path. Nobody should be frightened to stay in a place. My advice, never stay here keep driving even if you're sleepy pulled to the side of the road it will be a better night sleep for you. Any reviews that are on this place that say it has new tables etc.-don't believe them. Keep driving and spend a few extra bucks for something a little more decent.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank servicecraver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kilworthy, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

if you want to stay at a sleazy...dirty...seedy...over-priced...low life-style...hole in the wall...this is the place for you...
but then..that wouldn't say much about you!!
people die here!!
owners don't care about anything except for themselves...

Room Tip: you don't want to stay here...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Karen E C

Travellers are raving about these Barrie hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here on Friday was clean quiet and the bed was comfy. The only thing that I did care for was the water pressure for the shower and the door into my room the key lock is a bit tight. Other than that no complaints and a lot better than the White Towers/Barrie Motel on Donald st avoid that place.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Thegame10
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

was very took away by the new managemnt at barrs motel! they are very sweet an will help you with everything you need! my boyfriend and i stayed there a couple years ago an wasnt really impressed, we decided to give it a shot after hearing about the new managment and what a great idea! the rooms are freshly renevated an the room is clean top to bottom! we love the location close to timmies an barrie burger :) were looking to come back in the summer and spend the weekend! ive heared alot of bad things about barrs motel but theres been alot of great changes i recommend to check it out :) barrs motel good job!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thomas n
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

All I can say is that motel made a huge improvement ! The new management is great an the rooms are nice an Renevated :) the new management is really out going an will help you with anything you need! They renovated the bathrooms an re-did the carpets , side tables an beds :)! When I came there before it was real different im really impressed !

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Motelworm
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

OMG let me just start off by pointing out the obvious if you can't tell by my title. This has got to be one of the worst motels in Barrie, I only stayed here one night and that was one night too many. The people that are running this place the guy his name was Rob and his wife I never caught her name, have got to have the worst customer service I have ever seen. I have never been so appauled by the lack of responsibliity two individuals have, they literally made me feel as if I were bothering them by coming in. They were nothing but rude and all they cared about was money. We were up all night because of the noise from the rooms beside us we could hear drug deals going on and people having sex in the opposite room. It was disgusting. I truly hope that nobody has this unfortunate time like we did go stay at the other places in Barrie. We always have stayed at the Travelodge on Bayfield and will gladly be going back there and never risking a dive like this again. There is a great gal over there a red head by the name of Lee or Lisa she is super amazing and will treat you like gold.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dieg01234
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

This motel was excellent ever since it was under new management the old manager was horrible. I decided to give the motel another chance and i was extremely happy to see the place was under new management i talked to The new manager and she said that ever since the old manager left the place is much cleaner and the customers are much happier. So my stay was very good, yes the road is a bit loud but some people like that and my rooms, bed was made everyday. Also the manager was right the place was very clean, tidy, neat, and well organized i saw some other people there they seemed happy and enjoying their stay just like me.

• Stayed May 2013