“The Monte Carlo in Barrie”

Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Toronto
“The Monte Carlo in Barrie”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Attended a conference at the Monte Carlo.
The food was ok and very plain....nothing special but I did not eat in the dining room just had conference food. I was not impressed.
The suite was clean....but very strange arrangement of pictures on the wall....one hidden behind a lamp.
The staff were very obliging and pleasant.
One of the doors to one of the rooms squeaked every time it was opened.
I wouldn't pick this place for a conference as all the conference rooms are in the basement....kind of dreary down there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank whtschnauz
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for visiting the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites while attending your conference.
We certainly appreciate your business and your feedback.

Although it is true that our conference rooms are on the lower level, we hope that our large glass doors to our patio outside does let in some of the light!

I will pass along your comments about our conference food to our restaurant.

I am pleased that our found our staff pleasant and obliging.

We look forward to welcoming your back on your next visit to the Barrie area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent a weekend at this location in early May 2014. The room depicted as having a fridge in the room, well it did. It just didn't work. Since I have dietary restrictions this was not good. The front desk was told, but nothing was done. Had to throw out my fresh food. The breakfast room is a farce. All carb, no decaf, no room to 'make your own" breakfast, crowded seating. The bathroom light was shorting out, not good when in the shower to find yourself in a pitch black unfamiliar room. Again, front desk was told, again nothing was done.Upon arrival, the room smelt like stale cigarette smoke. Told front desk. They suggested we complain formally but were not told how or who to complain to. Our cards deactivated after the first night. The second day we had no face cloths, not even one! Gave up didn't call down to front desk. Mentioned these issues as we checked out. Nothing! Sent e-mail to head office- No response. Will I stay there again. NO! Plenty of hotels close by to choose from. The sad thing is we have stayed there before and were quite happy. What has changed? ownership? policy? The only good thing are the beds, they are soooo comfortable!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for visiting the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites on your recent visit to Barrie. I certainly appreciate the business and your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we may not have provided the highest level possible of hospitality and comfort during your stay. I have reviewed all of the issues raised so that they may be corrected, and something like this does not reoccur.

I would be happy to discuss your stay with you directly if you like.

I do think I wrote you a letter and sent it by mail. I am sorry that you did not receive it timely.

I do hope you will visit us again. This would give us the opportunity to demonstrate a better level of service.

Travellers are raving about these Barrie hotels

St Catharines
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The location was more than convenient as it was less than a couple minutes away from the workshop that my wife was taking a part in. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Any problems we had, they immediately fixed it. The rates we booked at were more than reasonable.

The room was very clean. It looks like this place was recently renovated and they installed a new HDTV display just before we checked in that day. The wireless internet's speed was more than reasonable for a hotel. In my experience, the internet speed is a hit and a miss at many hotels we've stayed at. But this one was good.

The breakfast was decent, and what we expected. 3 types of cold cereals, orange juice, apple juice, muffins, 3 types of bagels, white bread, whole wheat bread, english muffins, a few types of yogourts, a few types of cookies, croissants, and more. No hot items though, you have to pay extra for that.

The breakfast was good, but I would had liked some hot items to be included. For instance, bacon, eggs, hash brown, etc. I think they are more than reasonable additions at no extra charge for the breakfast vouchers. They could invest in a better mattress though, it was okay but it's a bit too bouncy for my liking.

Overall, I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites for your recent visit to Barrie, and for taking time to provide your feedback.

We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay. We aim to provide the highest level possible of hospitality and comfort for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Barrie!
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I needed to stay overnight for business and I decided to reserve a room here. I was very pleased with the cleanliness, cheerful staff and amenities in the room. The room had a queen bed, table and chairs, desk and fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was extremely clean as well. I have dietary issues so I loved the convenience of making a trip to the local grocery store for a meal and being able to purchase and store my breakfast in my room as well. The only thing I would suggest is to bring your own shampoo and conditioner and soap as I have never had my skin or hair so dry after using the complimentary product. Smelled nice but not so great when you use them. I would highly recommend and would gladly stay here again. Complimentary breakfast is served in the restaurant as part of your stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to HWY 400 so if you don't like traffic noise as for a room further back away...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites for your recent trip to Barrie, and for providing your feedback!

I am very pleased that you found our hotel clean and our staff cheerful.

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Chose the Monte Carlo because everything else closer to Orillia was booked. Didn't know what to expect but thought it looked decent online.

Overall, not a bad little Inn. Rooms were a bit small, but not overly. Bathroom was on the smaller side too, but for an overnight stay, no big deal. We just needed a place to lay our heads and for that purpose, it was perfect.

Beds were a bit on the hard side (for me anyways) can't say it was the greatest night sleep I have ever had, that's for sure. My GF however said it didn't bother her in the least.

The only thing I would mention is that it appeared that the police were there investigating a car break in at the back of the parking lot. We saw a smashed rear window on a truck, so the area may be a little sketchy. We decided to park right near the front entrance to discourage anyone from doing the same to us.

Decent little clean spot at an acceptable price with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Monte Carlo Inns Barrie Suites for your recent trip. We appreciate your feedback.

We have had chance to review the matter with respect to the car break in. Fortunately, we have come to understand that we did not have an issue with theft or burglary on our property. We do however, get cases out of our control such as a feuding couple. This may have been the case when you saw the police cars outside. We would like to assure you that our entire property is under surveillance including three outdoor parking lot cameras.

Thank you again - We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the MCI for nine days. The rooms were great value for money and very clean. The free complimentary breakfast was fantastic, with a range of muffins, toast, cereals, fruit muffins, croissants, tea or coffee, fruit juices and cereals... what more could you want? Friendly staff who couldn't do more to help you. (The receptionist Lindsay is fab) Parking was great, and the rooms were a good size. The rooms are well equipped with ironing board and iron, fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites for your visit.

We certainly appreciate the business, and thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are thrilled that you found our hotel so clean, and got great value during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Barrie area!
Goderich, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was not as spacious as some other hotels but was fine for what we needed. The bed was comfortable and we each had 2 pillows. There was an in-room safe, a microwave, mini fridge, flat screen tv (cable and rental movies), work desk and 2 small chairs (that would not have been comfortable to sit in for long periods). The bathroom had a deep tub. My only complaint about the room was that the bathroom fan is on the same switch as the light and the fan is quite noisy. suggest you bring a night light for night bathroom excursions. Also, all the light bulbs are compact fluorescent and quite bright. The room and the hotel were very neat and clean. The décor was current, bright, warm and welcoming. There is a small swimming pool which we did not use due to the presence of screaming children. There is an in-house restaurant which we didn't use except for breakfast. Regarding the complimentary breakfast: you need to pick up "free breakfast" cards from the front desk. The restaurant is privately owned as does not allow any outside food or drink so leave your "Timmie's" coffee behind. The complimentary breakfast is VERY basic and the yogurt is terrible! You can purchase a regular breakfast for $3.95. The server was very courteous. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to Hwy. 400 so ask for a room at the back if traffic sounds bother you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, and we certainly appreciate that you stayed with us!

i am thrilled that you found our hotel and rooms so clean and that you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable beds.

Thank you for your suggestion on night lights. I will ensure that there are some available at our front desk for guest use.

We look forward to seeing you again!