“Nice hotel”

Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we weren't sure what to expect when we got this hotel as a deal through hotwire.com. the hotel was great! clean rooms, comfortable beds and pillows. The green tea brand of toiletries in the bathroom were also impressive. the front desk staff are not the friendliest people and they really did make you feel like you were a nuisance, but overall our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay and feedback.

I am pleased that your stay was comfortable and you found your room to be clean.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our front desk staff. It is my goal that all of our guest experience the highest level possible of hospitality during their stay. I will review your comments with the front desk in order that we may improve to better meet the needs of our guests.

Thank you for your comments - I look forward to welcoming you to the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

First let me start by saying this hotel has the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in ... and i have stayed in many hotels ... the hotel overall is clean and very pleasant ... we booked 3 rooms and were attending a wedding that was in innisfil ... the rooms are great, bathrooms, tv, space all excellent ... i couldn't get the wifi working for some reason but that could've just been my connection .. wasn't really an issue ...

the breakfast was sufficient for us to fuel up before we checked out ...

my only issue was regarding the staff ... the girl who checked us in and out was wonderful ... courteous, friendly and totally sweet ... the girl who was working the morning we checked out was rather rude, curt and i felt as though i was bothering her by asking for my breakfast vouchers ... she gave me 4 vouchers for 2 rooms .. but we had 3 in one room, she said we only have 2 registered, i said ok well so now what .. she said you'll have to pay 10 dollars for the additional person i said ok that's fine ... so i grabbed my 4 vouchers and went to the restaurant, the lady there said 5 vouchers please .. i said i have 4, can i just pay you $10, she said no you have to pay front desk and get an actual voucher .. i thought ok i was just there, it would have been nice if the staff member had told me that 20 seconds ago .. so back i go ... i said i didn't realize i needed to purchase the voucher off of you, she gave me the "are you stupid" look and said $11.30 .. i gave her a 20 dollar bill and she gave me the change in all loonies .. i thought geeeeeeez ...

anyway aside from that, this hotel was terrific ... and i can't state enough how incredibly comfortable the beds are .. i think they're tempurpedic .... SO COMFY !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed there as a youth girls sports team in June 2014.. From the moment we checked in front desk staff was cold and acting like it was bothersome for us to be there. Just so you are aware I have sent the same information to the sales manager who booked our team' stay and have received no response.
Rooms were nice
1) Breakfast was a joke- one father on our team brought his ticket down and told the staff he was just grabbing a coffee and then going upstairs to grab his daughter and would be down to eat. He was told it was 1 trip only, if he got a coffee and left he could not come back for breakfast. She would not budge on this, another person in the breakfast area said if I make my plate of food and get up to go out to the washroom can I not come back in to eat and she said no it's one trip only

2) we asked the front staff if there was a small room we could use to eat our lunch together as a team. She said no, I said we were willing to pay to use it, she said no because you have to use our caterer. I asked if we could sit out at the 3-4 patio tables outside, she again said no. I assured her I would supervise and clean and was told she would check. She again said no I asked if it was part of the restaurant and she said no. We would up eating our lunch in the hallway as a team.

3) the elevator was very slow and was making a large clunking sound and the door would take forever to open. 10 of our girls got stuck in the elevator. When they pushed the emergency call button it rang the front desk whose response to them was thanks for telling me. She never called anyone or did anything. They called again and she again said thanks. The girls called a father from the team who was a firefighter, he had to tell the front desk to call elevator company and eventual the fire department had to come. After 30 minuted they were rescued, never once did anyone from the hotel come down to check on them being stuck or say one thing to us about this. It was ignored.

4) at 9:30 a group of parents were talking in hallway we were asked to close our doors and be quiet. At 3:30am wedding party guests slamming doors, screaming at top of lungs, running in hallways never addressed.

I get that often times hotels may view having teams stay as bothersome then don't quote us and accept us to stay if you are going to give us subpar lack of customer service and act like we are inconviencing you. We are returning to Barrie next month but will find alternative hotel arrangements as I feel we can find better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Monte Carlo for one night. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Water pressure in the shower was very good. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The continental breakfast was sufficient for us...for a hot breakfast, the charge was very minimal. We found the hotel conveniently located( right along the 400) and easy to access the 400. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool which was open until 11 p.m. For a comfortable and affordable overnight stay I would recommend the Monte Carlo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing your feedback.

I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the hotel staff friendly. We strive to provide the best possible service to our customers - I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff.

Thank you for your recommendation of the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites! We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This property is OK at best. Swimming pool is very small, only suitable with small children. Needs a hot tub to make it more interesting. Standard rooms are on the small side and crowded with furniture. Layout of hotel is rather confusing and disjointed. Breakfast is very basic and not fresh, Internet was not the fastest but adequate. Staff were all friendly. Location is not great with minimal restaurants in walking distance. The area is quite industrial / commercial and unattractive.

Dinner at the hotel restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing feedback.

I am pleased that you found the staff here to be friendly. I do apologize however, for any inconveniences that you did experience.

We certainly hope to welcome you again when you are in the Barrie area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. It was clean and lovely and quiet. Parking is easy and the staff is courteous. Find somewhere else for breakfast though, it's not great and it's packed. I would definitely recommend this for a quick stay!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank CarrieTr
Monte Carlo Inn M, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites for your recent visit to Barrie. We appreciate the feedback.

We are pleased that our found the hotel clean and lovely, and our staff courteous. We will be sure to pass this along to our staff.

We look forward to having your back on your next visit to Barrie!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Attended a conference at the Monte Carlo.
The food was ok and very plain....nothing special but I did not eat in the dining room just had conference food. I was not impressed.
The suite was clean....but very strange arrangement of pictures on the wall....one hidden behind a lamp.
The staff were very obliging and pleasant.
One of the doors to one of the rooms squeaked every time it was opened.
I wouldn't pick this place for a conference as all the conference rooms are in the basement....kind of dreary down there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank whtschnauz

Thank you for visiting the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites while attending your conference.
We certainly appreciate your business and your feedback.

Although it is true that our conference rooms are on the lower level, we hope that our large glass doors to our patio outside does let in some of the light!

I will pass along your comments about our conference food to our restaurant.

I am pleased that our found our staff pleasant and obliging.

We look forward to welcoming your back on your next visit to the Barrie area.