Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Barrie
“Service”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Hotel staff are excellent and the place is always clean and well kept. I have been coming here for years for many different functions and restaurant experiences and business meetings and have always enjoyed the atmosphere. Had a family birthday party and all the guests that stayed also enjoyed the accomodations. I have stayed at many different hotels and though there are more "elite" and fancy hotels, this one remains consistently pleasant, and they always seem to be trying to improve it rather than letting it run down. Great example of what a Holiday Inn should be! Love the restaurant and especially the service from Jenny and Wes who have always made our dinner experience exceptional.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Robert C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
barrie
Reviewed 14 April 2012

the hotel and expecially the restaurant are exceptional, my fiancee and i have stayed here for approx 2 weeks so far while waiting for our house to be ready and are still here atm, the staff and facilities are exceptional for all of our needs. the staff expecially the restaurant staff, have went way behond the neccessary means to make are stay the most comfortable. the restaurant has the most amazing food available at the price you pay(which is very cheap for the quality and portions) and a very relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. we have brought our children aged 5-7-9 to visit to use the ample recreation facilities on many occassions, and found the value of the childrens menu to be exceptional also. my fiancee and i would recommend these facilities(hotel and restaurant) to anyone whom wants a quality realxed and very affordable stay. my most sincere thanks to all at this hotel and exspecially the restaurant stay who have put up with us this long.

yours trully derek r j golden
room 351 if that matters lol

Room Tip: smoking rooms provide a balcony even if you dont smoke, and no smells lingers in any of the rooms i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank derek g
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I can't count how many nights I've stayed at this hotel over the past 15 years. Hundreds of nights would be an accurate assessment. While many properties get worse with age, this hotel gets better.

Front desk service is always friendly and helpful, in my case, Pauline. While I normally stay in the tower (and did this stay), all rooms have now been upgraded to a modern standard. For the price, everything is just right. Dinner at Tattingers wasn't up to par in part due to the fact the Jennie wasn't working. The young server didn't grasp the fact that 20 people in a restaurant and lounge didn't warrant a 45 minute wait to receive your meal. In any case, I won't let my meal experience affect my rating of the accomodations as there are other restaurants that I could have visited.

The best hotel in Barrie.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay in the tower, ask for a room away from HWY 400 if you aren't a sound sleep...
7 Thank mpsrent
DirectorofsalesHW, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We read all our reviews and act on feedback received. Thank you for the fantastic comments about your overall guest experience staying at the hotel. We really appreciate that you have stayed at the hotel many times and keep coming back. We apologise about the wait you had in the restaurant. Next time you come do let me know, I would like to ensure that we go out of our way that every part of the hotel can meet our expectation of providing excellent service throughout and meeting our Holiday Inn motto of "Great hotels, guests love".
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I visited the Holiday Inn Barrie for business and cannot say more great thins about this hotel. From the check-in to the rooms right up to my departure, everything was just perfect. Dinner in the restaurant was outstanding. Jenny and Wes really know what they're doing. They made my dinner one to remember, felt just like home. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank PLovejoy
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was here for a business meeting. The hotel lobby and rooms were very clean and the employees were friendly and polite.

6 Thank mike c
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I just can't say enough about my stay at The Holiday Inn Barrie! I was having company come from Toronto and I don't have the space to accomodate everyone so we stayed at the Holiday Inn. It's convenient right off the hwy so nobody had trouble finding the place!
We were able to check in on time and the rooms were great..nice and clean too!
Everyone was helpful, friendly, and the food and staff in the restaurant were second to none!
All of us will recommend this hotel to our other friends and family for sure!
Thanks Holiday Inn for making our stay a memorable one!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank TammyB_11
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Totally awesome facility, clean, comfortable. Wonderful, courteous staff, fantastic food. Great amenities & location. I have been coming here for 30 years, would not even consider staying elsewhere !
Thanks again Holiday Inn
Ronnie T. ( Hamilton, ON )

5 Thank Ronald T